Kawasaki Ninja 1000 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys....got the jones for a red ninja 1000 used...probably get an '11..?... selling my VFR 800 now to get one...
How many pounds lighter are the black racing 2 brother carbon cans than stock mufflers?... ? I am guessing 15 pounds total?? the lighter the better for me... I'm in Tampa Fl... Hi..

·
Registered
971 Posts
If you want red you have no other choice than 2011. It is the intelligent choice.

Welcome sunshine
2 boulders are lighter than stock. If weight is the issue, what's lighter than urban brawlers?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
one '11 FS here has the 2brothers mounted under tail....not sure I like it????..prefer the brawlers down low...I am just getting serious and started...probably have one around the end of the month...very taken with the mount..its an exceptional design I think...

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Got the '11 pic'd in my avatar!!!...very satisfied...2500 miles on the Od'r.. day I got...put urban brawlers on with db reducers...and...custom baffle screens create perfect exhaust note for me....16 T sprocket going on this week...came with Baldwin seats...installed.. Cal Sci Touring screen!!!!..

·
Registered
11,279 Posts
If you leave the stock headers, the Brawlers work well. I believe they get super loud with a replacement header, but coming off the stock box..why not? Theres nothing lighter than nothing, and these are close to that.

That big box is a resonator, not the cat itself. Its where the noise gets absorbed. The brawlers just give a finished look to that.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks guys...did 150 miles today in the north country...the 16 tooth front sprocket I put on yesterday is great, as everyone has said...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts