Kawasaki Ninja 1000 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2019 N1K. When the windshield is in the most upright position, I would still like a little more wind protection, especially now in the winter. Any aftermarket windshields out there that would protect more?

·
Registered
924 Posts
You can either get an extension or higher shield. I've used both with good effect. The Vstream Tour is much taller than stock but I still look over the top. You just missed one of these for sale on this forum. Looks like it sold today.

These inexpensive wings seem to work pretty well and have a lot of adjustibility. I use it with my Puig (summer) sheild and with the Vstream Tour in our cold rainy winters.

·
Registered
367 Posts
I agree with kemors about the Vstream sport touring shield. I changed a Puig for the Vstream and for me it made a big difference.

·
Registered
924 Posts
The amazon National Vstream is the Vstream sport. It's shorter than the tour. Here's a pic of the differences. The actual dimensions are on the National site. Personally, I like the Puig for summer riding and the National for winter riding. In the summer, the Vstream Tour doesn't give me enough air flow and I too hot. Given it takes 2-3 minutes to change the windshield I have no problem swapping shields.

Reactions: Crawsack

·
Registered
494 Posts
I would get this instead:

Puig Clip On Visor

I have one of these on my Suzuki DR650 and I can vouch for how well it works even on a bike that does NOT have a windshield! Because of the small size, and its position that is couple of inches away from the primary surface that is the leading edge of windblast (your OEM windscreen), it uses the natural tendency of air to follow a surface to redirect air away from the rider. I put one of these on my windscreen-less DR650 and am amazed how much wind protection it generates for such a small device. The best part is, you can remove it during summer when it gets hot and you want more air flow. You may not want to remove it at all. Put one of these on your Ninja, put the OEM windscreen in the highest position, and I'll bet you will have NO wind hitting your helmet at all and will be in a pocket of calm air. I've seen YouTube videos of owners testing theirs.

·
Registered
924 Posts
I had a little spot on the dash of my 2011 from parking facing away from the sun just right. The backside curvature focused the sun just right... Easy to avoid if you pay attention to how you park or put your gloves on the dash or lower the windshield.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts