Kawasaki Ninja 1000 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Check out this video on my ride in Southern MO this weekend. All good until a cat decided to run out in front of me, broke off a piece of my left fairing. Action around 5:15. RIP kitty.

https://youtu.be/0g2vUystzR0

·
Registered
828 Posts
Are you sure it was a kill? Watching the video it seemed likely but I always go back for the confirmation. Gun reel footage isn't always enough in this case. You can't paint it on the side of the cockpit unless it is a confirmed kill. :)

·
Registered
125 Posts
Check out this video on my ride in Southern MO this weekend. All good until a cat decided to run out in front of me, broke off a piece of my left fairing. Action around 5:15. RIP kitty.

https://youtu.be/0g2vUystzR0
Crap man that sucks.. Glad you stayed upright.. I think ive ran over several fowl.... Chicken, Peacock, Squirrel many a times..

Sometimes that little nudge is enough to put you on the pavement..

·
Premium Member
545 Posts
Wow... pretty sure that cat is toast. I was reading on another board, a guy was riding two-up on his N1k and hit a doe. He stayed upright with some damage, broke the doe's back.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I hit a chicken on my relatively new at the time 1986 Yamaha FZ600. I was on a real familiar favorite farm road, tucked in tight doing about 120. I saw something in the road just before a really long easy downhill right sweeper and couldn't tell what it was. I moved a little off line right, but couldn't go far because of the turn coming up. Whatever it was moved the same way, so I moved a little left. It also moved back left about the time I recognized it was a chicken. I was right there in that instant and kind of braced for impact as the chicken jumped. I thought it just grazed my windscreen but my buddy right behind me said it looked like I hit a pillow. I didn't have any damage, but you couldn't have pulled a straight pin out of my butt with a John Deere.

·
Registered
483 Posts
Are you sure that wasn't a big rabbit?

My little brother ran over a possum and it busted his lowering fairing. N1K has a glass jaw ?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts