Kawasaki Ninja 1000 Forum banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,648 Posts
Ishikawa
I too found the same insufficient pressure from two cartages and I wasn't even at zero. I now carry three on board and hope they are enough to see me through.

I also looked at Paint Ball gun cylinders but none seemed like they would fit on the bike with out bags so just bought extra 20Gs.

·
Registered
370 Posts
I agree with the Dynaplug Pro product choice. I've had to use it once from a nail in an almost-new tire. Rather than CO2 cartridges, however, I've opted for a small compressor that I always carry in one of my OEM saddlebags. It's small enough to fit a tank bag or tank bag, too. Of course, it uses a standard American-style automotive power port -- a.k.a. cigarette lighter. I had to also obtain an adaptor to use one of the three Powerlet jacks I've installed on my bike. The compressor works great, but this discussion thread now reminds me that I need to check on the repair kit. It's been a few years and may need to be renewed.

I also use the V-Stream windscreen. I have both the Tall and Sport versions. Originally, I used the tall one during the cold part of the year; switching to the sport screen as the temps warmed. The V-Stream product is very good.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Personally I think Murphy's needs to step up,they are making a **** ton on these and they are critical components. A better set of instructions or perhaps a video would be much better. As a poster said the brake lever is way out of position and unsafe with the mysterious pins in place.

·
Registered
11,657 Posts
That would be a great idea if he were able to test his risers with every possible aftermarket windshield, at all 3 heights?

It sucks when things like this happen, but when someone changes anything about their motorcycle controls.......really, if a person wants 100% safe, laboratory tested, keep it stock. Once a person starts modifying , no company can forsee every possible issue.

Its rule number 1 to make sure your throttle is still ok, the clutch is ok, and you have full range of motion after messing with handlebars. Sadly, many learn that the hard way.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts