Kawasaki Ninja 1000 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My bike came with Apex risers (4 in) when I bought it. My wrists start hurting after 4 -5 hours on the bike. I'm wondering if the OEM set up with Murph risers would give me more height and pull back? Anyone with experience with both I could use some feedback.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hey. The stock setup sucked if you ask me. I also had Murphs Risers. They add about an inch. The problem is, there is no room to adjust your controls once you add them. I'll link you to some REAL handlebars that I put on my bike.

https://www.bikermart.co.uk/Kawasaki-Z1000SX-ABM-Billet-Comfort-Kit-Handlebar-Risers

I live in the US and it took me about 2 weeks to get these. I installed a riser from amazon and now I sit straight up. It's awesome.

Without the riser I installed, the stock cables and everything reaches just fine. The angle of the bars is corrected too, meaning my wrists don't kill me. I also got bigger grips which helped a lot too.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey. The stock setup sucked if you ask me. I also had Murphs Risers. They add about an inch. The problem is, there is no room to adjust your controls once you add them. I'll link you to some REAL handlebars that I put on my bike.

Bikermart: Kawasaki Z1000SX ABM Billet Comfort Kit Handlebar Risers, ABM COMPLETE YOKE & RISER KITS

I live in the US and it took me about 2 weeks to get these. I installed a riser from amazon and now I sit straight up. It's awesome.

Without the riser I installed, the stock cables and everything reaches just fine. The angle of the bars is corrected too, meaning my wrists don't kill me. I also got bigger grips which helped a lot too.
Can you please post a link to the riser you got from Amazon?

I found another post by you here, is this the one you got from amazon?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts