Kawasaki Ninja 1000 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wow, what a nightmare of an intelligence test! But I passed (barely). The hard part is relocating the rear turn signals. They need a piece spliced into the lead from under the seat to reach. The under tail mount for the rear light/plate crap is a bear to handle. Getting it all back together is a real goat rodeo.

·
Registered
93 Posts
It was a piece of cake IMO. I went with the SW-MOTECH rack system for my Givi PLX V35 Side Cases. I thought the Givi racks were kind of cheap. At least SW-MOTECH provides cover plates to cover the old location of the turn signals after they were relocated. I didn't even have to use the wire extensions that were provided in the mounting kit hardware.

FYI if you were having trouble with the whole disassembly of the tail section there is a video on twisted throttle. com that shows step by step instructions on how to take the tail section apart for the R&G tail tidy kit. The video was very helpful for taking everything apart and putting back together. I even used the video to locate the red wire that leads to the tag light, which is a "switched power" source for the install of my twisted throttle power hub.

Attachments

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Try a Givi and it will not be a piece of cake-live and learn-SM Motech next time for me.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Givi Quick Release Side Mounts and Givi Top case rack Nightmare

Apparently the Italians think every motorcyclist has an engineering degree and a machine shop at their disposal. I just spent the day trying to install the Givi side case mounts and the top case mount on a 2013 Ninja 1000. I've owned the SW-Motech Quick Release Side case Racks on a ZZR1200 and loved them. Easy on and off and easy to install. The SW-Motech side cases set-up is out of stock most places so I went with the Givi. I wanted a top case too so actually, it was my only option.

To make a long story short, The top case mount was only a medium pain in the arse due to removing the tail piece. I still don't have the side case racks installed because I can't get them to reach the foot peg mount on either side of the bike. I need help bending the brackets into position as they are about a 1/4 of an inch off. Once I get them connected, there is no possible way I'll be able to do a quick release on this stupid set-up.

Unless you really need a top case, stay far, far away from the Givi mounts.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts