Kawasaki Ninja 1000 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sooo...I was sick of looking at the stock fender so I decided to order the fender eliminator and the integrated LED light. After I got everything disassembled, I've found out I need a servo to program the light; I can't just hook it up to the bikes battery apparently. Anyone have a recommendation/link for what servo to buy? Thanks!

·
Registered
54 Posts
What year bike? I know the 2020 is supposed to be "plug-n-play." It does say that a resistor is needed if the front turn signals are LED.

·
Premium Member
11,887 Posts
We need more of these rear tail lights, with similar sounding names, dont we? More confusion is needed! I'm thinking my light isnt like that.....as often happens when mine is a different brand. Are you sure you need a "servo"?

A servo is usuall used to move things. For example, you buy a servo to control the steering on your radio controlled car.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
We need more of these rear tail lights, with similar sounding names, dont we? More confusion is needed! I'm thinking my light isnt like that.....as often happens when mine is a different brand. Are you sure you need a "servo"?

A servo is usuall ised to move things. For example, you buy a servo to control the steering on your radio controlled car.
I was basing it off the video I saw posted by Stormtrooperninja where he has trouble installing the sequential tail light. But that was for the ZX6R. Plus the directions MD provided were worded in a way to indicate I needed external power.
The original license plate light is very secured in the fender so I don't think its removable. Anyone else have issues with this? I'm not too worried since the sequential tail light is bright and has turn signals as well.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I just went eff it and hooked it up to the bikes wiring with the key on. I was able to program it without an issue. When the bike is off, though, I noticed a computer chirping noise momentarily. No check lights on. I might have noticed it after I modded the ECU, I don't remember if it happened before. Looks a lot better though! I couldn't figure out how to get the license plate on so I just left it off 🤷‍♂️

·
Premium Member
11,887 Posts
When you programmed it, what options did you choose? Mines the Custom Led blaster model. They leave one extra wire , a grey wire as I recall. They sell a small switch to attach between this wire and ground. It gives you 11 (?) different modes to choose from. Strobe, parade, all kinds of goofy stuff.

I looked through all of them, then left mine on the default setting. That gives a few strobes when you hit the brake light. I wonder if rhe other modes are more worthwhile?

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
When you programmed it, what options did you choose? Mines the Custom Led blaster model. They leave one extra wire , a grey wire as I recall. They sell a small switch to attach between this wire and ground. It gives you 11 (?) different modes to choose from. Strobe, parade, all kinds of goofy stuff.

I looked through all of them, then left mine on the default setting. That gives a few strobes when you hit the brake light. I wonder if rhe other modes are more worthwhile?
No, its the sequential tail light so its just turn signals and brake light.
My guess is that the license plate light isn't hooked up to anything so maybe the bike doesn't like that.

·
Registered
254 Posts
I am still confused. I have this tail light and the flasher is required if you have a stock "bulb" bike and converting it to a LED (front and rear). If you have front bulbs (non led) you will not need the flash relay. If the bike came with LED's all around (depending on year) you would not need this relay.

Sorry if I am missing this. The light has several options built in on how you want it to operate. It just uses a push button on the inside of the light housing.

I also have the relay as an FYI. I only added it when I converted my front bulbs to SuperBright LED's 1.5 years after I already had the brake light installed.

Reactions: Energydrinkvape

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I am still confused. I have this tail light and the flasher is required if you have a stock "bulb" bike and converting it to a LED (front and rear). If you have front bulbs (non led) you will not need the flash relay. If the bike came with LED's all around (depending on year) you would not need this relay.

Sorry if I am missing this. The light has several options built in on how you want it to operate. It just uses a push button on the inside of the light housing.

I also have the relay as an FYI. I only added it when I converted my front bulbs to SuperBright LED's 1.5 years after I already had the brake light installed.
Yeah I ended up fine. The front is stock so I don't need the relay. Sorry to waste your time

·
Registered
54 Posts
Yeah I ended up fine. The front is stock so I don't need the relay. Sorry to waste your time
Good to hear it worked out fine. Don't ever feel like you are wasting anyone's time. That's what we are all here for, to learn new knowledge, pass on existing knowledge and get new ideas.

I have seen that on too many forums were someone asks a question that may have been asked before(oil, tires, etc) and gets blasted for not using the search function. While I do agree that searching for previous answers to a particular question is helpful, it may not always be the correct answer for today. The question of best tire 5 years ago, may have been a Bridgestone S20, while today it is an S22. Also, if every question should only be asked once, then forums shouldn't allow new posts after the obvious questions have been asked. If you don't want to answer a new persons questions about tire pressure, rear axle nut torque and oil... then don't. Skip past it and move on. Sorry, rant over...

·
Registered
254 Posts
Glad it worked out... Lets see the pics...

·
Registered
976 Posts
One can suggest a search without "blasting" the original poster. We've all asked newbie questions. Only rcannon knows everything about every bike ever made. :)

·
Registered
254 Posts
One can suggest a search without "blasting" the original poster. We've all asked newbie questions. Only rcannon knows everything about every bike ever made. :)
I was just reading this and had no idea. Were your thinking I was doing the blasting? I certainly did not mean that. I was not sure of the dillemma but attempted to answer what may have been the issue. If it came across as blasting my sincerest apologies.

·
Registered
54 Posts
No no, I wasn't accusing you or anyone on this forum of "blasting". I went on a rant because I have seen too many people asking good questions and getting blasted. That make some folks reluctant about asking future questions.

I didn't want thread starter to feel that way about this forum.

I was just reading this and had no idea. Were your thinking I was doing the blasting? I certainly did not mean that. I was not sure of the dillemma but attempted to answer what may have been the issue. If it came across as blasting my sincerest apologies.

·
Premium Member
11,887 Posts
That idea of, "Stfu....dont ask that...we have talked about that already." I always hated that, too. Also, have you guys ever searched a specific topic and found answers , but nothing that 100% applied to your situation? I have

Kenors, you are better than this. Only dimwitted people are blown away when someone happens to know more than they do, within a VERY narrow and specific topic.

·
Registered
976 Posts
Kenors, you are better than this. Only dimwitted people are blown away when someone happens to know more than they do, within a VERY narrow and specific topic.
Sheesh. Try to lighten the mood with a funny...

·
Premium Member
11,887 Posts
The mood wasnt dark...we were talking about lights that will blind Ray Charles. If hes blind, already, this might be how it happened?

You know, the flashing is probably worth zero, with regards to safety, but the light i have is seriously bright.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts