Kawasaki Ninja 1000 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any fans here? What a race!! Here are my takeaways -

MM is an alien. The first save was something that is impossible in my view. 2nd crash was sad, hope he recovers completely soon.

Alex Rins and Cal had a bad pre-race time and hope they are back next week.

VR - seems to be struggling, lets see what happens next week.

Fabio and MV have shown that the Yamaha is capable, Fabio is a guy to watch out for in the coming years.

Ducati;s are struggling but it is the nature of the bike/track combo.

Reactions: Eagle Six

·
Registered
584 Posts
The way Marquez made his way through the riders after his first off track excursion was incredible. Rossi said he was having issues with his rear tire and then the bike quit on him.

Can not wait for World Superbike to start back up. Based on the one set of races at Phillip Island earlier this year, it looks like we may enjoy some epic battles.

Reactions: agurudev

·
Registered
157 Posts
Any fans here? What a race!! Here are my takeaways -

MM is an alien. The first save was something that is impossible in my view. 2nd crash was sad, hope he recovers completely soon.

Alex Rins and Cal had a bad pre-race time and hope they are back next week.

VR - seems to be struggling, lets see what happens next week.

Fabio and MV have shown that the Yamaha is capable, Fabio is a guy to watch out for in the coming years.

Ducati;s are struggling but it is the nature of the bike/track combo.
@agurudev good summation. Did Marquez got greedy at the end? But that is what racing is all about, the greed to win!

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
@agurudev good summation. Did Marquez got greedy at the end? But that is what racing is all about, the greed to win!
If he wasn't greedy, he wouldn't have made it from 18th to 3rd also. The mentality of a racer is something else.

Reactions: Eagle Six

·
Registered
157 Posts
If he wasn't greedy, he wouldn't have made it from 18th to 3rd also. The mentality of a racer is something else.
Yes that was my point, but there is an argument that he pushed the greed and gambled for 4 more points and lost 16 points he had in the bag. Not saying I would have done it any different. And not saying he will make it up as the season progresses depending his recovery from injuries. I still haven't heard what injuries he has, been busy with other stuff. Do you have any update on his condition?

·
Registered
527 Posts
Marky Mark has a broken humerus. he's likely out for a few races and he's not going to win this year as a result.

I'm keeping an eye on Jack Miller. When he gets the support of a full factory team behind him next year along with the best bike Ducati has to offer, he's going to be one of the new aliens.

·
Registered
157 Posts
I like Miller, it would be good for him to get a better bike/team and next year could be the year everything comes together for him. He is another of the shinny stars that just needs a bit more polish to put him in the front. never know, even this year he could be shinning a lot more than 4th.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Marky Mark has a broken humerus. he's likely out for a few races and he's not going to win this year as a result.

I'm keeping an eye on Jack Miller. When he gets the support of a full factory team behind him next year along with the best bike Ducati has to offer, he's going to be one of the new aliens.
Yeah plus they are suspecting damage to the radial nerve, similar to the injury that Foggy had. Hope he makes a full recovery.

@Eagle Six - You are right, a mature racer would have settled for 3rd after all the shenanighans but MM at heart isn't like that. I thought that he had matured looking at the way he was racing last year but Im guessing that the lack of rain for so long and being back in the thick of action led him to take this decision from his heart and not from his head.

For me, the greatest ever rider will always be Mick Doohan, followed by VR and then MM. This year, considering the shortage of races and time between races, the guys who can stay not injured have a shoe in. With the current crop of riders, the championship this year will be a tight fight - MV, Fabio, Dovi, Rins if he races all of the rest, who knows...

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Did anyone catch the race today? The Yamaha's finished 1 2 3 but it also looks like they have all used 4 out of 5 engines allocated for the year. They will struggle during the later part of the season.

It was a race of attrition though, tough conditions.

For VR to take his 199th podium at 41 years of age is commendable.

Reactions: Avintage69

·
Premium Member
3,537 Posts
From what I saw those poor guys were cooking in their suits along with the tires on the track.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts