Kawasaki Ninja 1000 Forum banner
21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Lol, prop strike and a drop! I cringe when I hear those words.
Dropping a street bike I would feel bad for bout a week
Dropping a dirt bike I would laugh for about a week
Hahaha
Hey BEARR,
I too flew, sel, Mel, IFR. Owned an Arrow for 5 years with a partner and then 2 years in a shared Aerostar, but with 3 others. Those days are over but super Fun times!

·
Premium Member
13,746 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Give us your worst airplane "tip over" sort of embarrassing mistake.

Looking back on mine, I learned from it. Although I retired my damaged rotor, I was able to true it back to a useful piece. I don't know if I would have trusted it, but it would have been better than having the bike towed if it happened away from home.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Give us your worst airplane "tip over" sort of embarrassing mistake.

Looking back on mine, I learned from it. Although I retired my damaged rotor, I was able to true it back to a useful piece. I don't know if I would have trusted it, but it would have been better than having the bike towed if it happened away from home.
After a 2 day rain storm I went to pick up the plane from the annual inspection at a different airport.
So,,, when you tie down an airplane , you do it at 3 points, both wings and the tail.
while doing my walk around preflight I untie as I go.
starting at the door inspecting everything you can touch or see.Each plane has a unique checklist.
The plane was parked on the grass . They use eyelets screwed in the the ground and small old plane tires painted yellow to help locate as you park . The ropes are usually there for you . As I got to the tailI stepped into a puddle of water and almost fell. Looks like they dug a swail to rid of water and hidden with deep grass. Distracted and pissed off , I continued my preflight grumbling all the way.
Finish interior preflight , yelling “clear prop” and fired up the engine. listening to traffic on a uncontrolled airport I started my taxi.
Adding power more and more to get the plane moving on water soaked grass, finally it started to move.
I taxi out , announced my departure and let it rip.
200 hp gets you up really nicely.
As soon as comfortable you start to trim out the plane so it flies with no pressure on the control wheel. I was having trouble getting the nose over while climbing out , I finally managed but was almost at the end of the trim.
Now remember I just left the inspection shop ( just like getting your car inspection) , trying to think what the **** they did!!!
Landed at my airport I notice people look at me???
wtf , I like attention but !!
I pulled up to the hanger , got out and …
Lmao!! I did not untie the tail !
I pulled the screw, tire and rope out of the soft soaked ground and flew home with it hanging from the plane.
No wonder the tail felt so heavy in my hands.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts