Kawasaki Ninja 1000 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
How do those slip ons sound?
Not very different or louder than stock, just a bit deeper tone ... I ride with ear plugs in...so unless I go through a tunnel or overpass... I dont hear them. Dealer I bought my bike from installed them, when the mechanic handed the key back to me said "man you must've saved like 20-30lbs off that bike!" 😂
It does feel like the bike revs quicker and it got rid of some of that engine brake... No popping/rumble noise, and I didn't notice a difference in the avg MPG or range since I put them on... So I'm happy with the purchase and not having to flash the cpu.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Are yours the "regular" ones, or the "racing" ones? I see two listed for our bikes on their site. The regular ones say the DB are the same, but I expect they sound deeper. I'm guessing the racing ones are very loud??

·
Registered
698 Posts
Did you source them from Kawasaki's accessory catalog? They look suitable for use with the factory hardcases.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Are yours the "regular" ones, or the "racing" ones? I see two listed for our bikes on their site. The regular ones say the DB are the same, but I expect they sound deeper. I'm guessing the racing ones are very loud??
They are the same as the ones in the "performance package" ... I think the racing one is the full akro exhaust.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
122 Posts
Thanks. Did you do the install yourself? I read their instructions, and it looked rather straight forward other than the exhaust cable removal. Was that necessary??

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks. Did you do the install yourself? I read their instructions, and it looked rather straight forward other than the exhaust cable removal. Was that necessary??
Nope, dealer installed them at the same time I got my 600mile service done.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Thanks. I'm heading in the same direction as you with the slip ons. Just trying to determine if I can do it or let dealer.

·
Premium Member
3,542 Posts
I read their instructions, and it looked rather straight forward other than the exhaust cable removal. Was that necessary??
I believe you have an 18 correct? If so there is no exhaust valve. Or at least not that I've heard of. Believe it was deleted on or after the 13 year model.
Thanks. I'm heading in the same direction as you with the slip ons. Just trying to determine if I can do it or let dealer.
Exhaust slipons are usually a very straightforward swap out. If you have basic hand tools like allen/hex head bit sockets. Metric 6 point sockets and combo wrenches you'll make short work of it. Take care and watch the gaskets is my advice.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Fantastic. Mine is a '19, so that is good news. That was the only step that was confusing me. I think I can handle the rest. Now to save up for the swap.....

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I got the install instructions I could scan /take pics and post them here if any1 is interested...

·
Registered
20 Posts
Fantastic. Mine is a '19, so that is good news. That was the only step that was confusing me. I think I can handle the rest. Now to save up for the swap.....
I have a 2018 model and installed the slip on’s myself. It was very straightforward. You should have access to a torque wrench to ensure you don’t under or over tighten the various bolts. All of the torque specs are included in the instructions. You will also get a small amount of anti seize paste as well. Hope you enjoy them, they really save a heap of weight and look so much better than stock.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Great news. Looking forward to doing this as soon as I hit the budget number....

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
How do those slip ons sound?
Not very different or louder than stock, just a bit deeper tone ... I ride with ear plugs in...so unless I go through a tunnel or overpass... I dont hear them. Dealer I bought my bike from installed them, when the mechanic handed the key back to me said "man you must've saved like 20-30lbs off that bike!" 😂
It does feel like the bike revs quicker and it got rid of some of that engine brake... No popping/rumble noise, and I didn't notice a difference in the avg MPG or range since I put them on... So I'm happy with the purchase and not having to flash the cpu.
I guess I was right... Not any louder than stock, just a different tone. Found this sticker on the muffler side thats facing the chain:

Attachments

1 - 20 of 23 Posts