Discussion Starter #1
Took off in 1st to about 5000 rpm, clicked it into second, gave it
more gas, but... was only in neutral. Gotta remember to click up
to 2nd gear a little firmer.

·
Premium Member
2014 Green N1K
138 Posts
I put a GP shifter on my bike to avoid this scenario. Took a few rides to use to the reverse shifting, but i really like it.

·
Registered
10,537 Posts
Bob, notice how adjustable the shift lever is. With just a 10mm wrench, you can place it exactly where you want.

Actually, the same lever and linkage you had on your z 1000. My guess is it might adjust the same way?

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Wow, lowering the shifter arm about 3/4 of an inch really improved shifting, making it easier, smoother, with less leg effort. Everyone should make sure they have optimum shift lever position. Glad I posted my experience of slipping into neutral, despite the harassment from certain experienced experts on this site, who think every discussion has to be in the form of a well worded question. Please note the title of this part of the forum is "General Discussion". We should be able to post something like "Had a great ride today", without getting harassed. I do appreciate the feedback I got about adjusting the lever position.

·
Registered
10,537 Posts
Bob, do the rear brake lever, too. Its not as easy, but its not hard.

You would have had zero hassle , from anyone, if you posted your complete thought in your first post. Instead, you hoped someone would read your mind and then became angry when they didnt. That's on you, not the forum. You gave a statement.

It's also very strange when this person who has owned all these motorcycles (?????) Is surprised when they have to adjust a shift lever.....that is 100% identical to the previous bike they supposedly owned.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Bob, do the rear brake lever, too. Its not as easy, but its not hard.

You would have had zero hassle , from anyone, if you posted your complete thought in your first post. Instead, you hoped someone would read your mind and then became angry when they didnt. That's on you, not the forum. You gave a statement.
So many rules, post a complete thought. Not Necessary! Folks read it, and automatically informed me I might need a lever adjustment. Its OK TO MAKE A STATEMENT. Quit with the requirements to word statements correctly. This section of the forum is not "Ask a Proper Technical Question" Its called GENERAL DISCUSSION. Geesh. Some of you guys are too anal (excessively neat, careful, precise). There are some on the site that I wish would never respond to my statements. Again, you guys keep some people from ever posting. You don't even let me say "I'd like to see shaft drive on the Ninja 1000" Ridiculous!

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Bob, you can post anything you would like to. The quality of the answer depends on you posting your question in a complete thought. Any 8 year old would understand that.
Wrong, you can't post anything you like. Because the anal forum police will confront you, and chastise and criticize, and shame you so that you'll stop posting.

·
Registered
10,537 Posts
Wrong, you can't post anything you like. Because the anal forum police will confront you, and chastise and criticize, and shame you so that you'll stop posting.
With a little luck, I hope the shaming works. We need more shaming. Especially for the people who believe there is no such thing as a dumb question.....

·
Registered
225 Posts
I'm glad this subject was brought up. Never thought about adjusting the shift lever but will now.

·
Registered
10,537 Posts
You know, with regards to the gear shift angles, lever angles and such. If you are seriously goofy about those angles, download the angle finder for your phone and use that. Its nice if you need to remove something for maintenance. You can put it right back where you started.

·
Registered
4,080 Posts
Most 8 year olds are too mature for me.

Bob, RC is just trying to point out when you start threads for issues that a rider with one week of experience would ask/post, you're bound to get answers that won't necessarily address the issue. A miss shift is largely the onus of the rider, though some bikes are more prone to it than others.
Given some of the questions you've asked, I think you should sign up for some training. You can't expect a forum to teach you how to ride, and frankly that's what your posts appear to be.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts