Kawasaki Ninja 1000 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I bought the Kawasaki bag liners for my 2018 when I bought the bike, and I have to say I'm really disappointed in them. So much so, that I decided to make my own...
I'm really happy with what I came up with. Much easier to pack and easier to get into and out of the cases. And they take up much less space in the closet when not in use.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,303 Posts
Nicely done

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
They look great!! How did you make them?
I have literally taught myself to sew. Turns out sewing is a lot more fun than I ever imagined. I made the first bag with my wife's sewing machine. It was functional, but looked like a summer camp project, and I broke her sewing machine :surprise:. So I bought a better machine and spent some time practicing making indestructible tool bags for carrying tools for riding on my dirt bike. Then I spent a lot more time making a pattern and tried it again, and ended up with this. I'd like to start making them for folks, if there is any interest.
Here is a pic of the tool bag.

Attachments

·
Registered
189 Posts
Absolutely interested. What would be the cost? GREAT WORK!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the kind words.
I'm not sure of the forum rules, should I put a price here or list something in the For Sale section?

·
Registered
2016 Ninja
76 Posts
What would you say the amount of space these hold is versus the 28L that kawasaki claims? Whats the usable space since the panniers have a funky shape to them?

·
Registered
698 Posts
Packing has as much to do with the nature of the cargo as the hard case's internal volume. My previous Caponord 1200 Rally came equipped with the original equipment 33-liter Givi cases (a REALLY nice system!). For a trip to Catalina Island I was able to shove a full XL wetsuit (5mm) into one of the cases, along with the mask and snorkel! Obviously, that's a very pliable and amorphous payload that can fit the case's internal shape. The only things that wouldn't go in the cases were my fins, so those electric green flippers were bungeed on the back seat.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
What would you say the amount of space these hold is versus the 28L that kawasaki claims? Whats the usable space since the panniers have a funky shape to them?
I couldn't begin to speculate on the actual volume. I made the profile of the bags to match the shape of the cases. I've found my bags to be easier to pack and they seem to have more room than the Kawi bags. That is just my opinion, and I could be a bit biased :angel:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts