Kawasaki Ninja 1000 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a thought ,is it practicable to lower the bars on the Ninja to sports level? I don't mind the lower position, I had a Gixxer for a short time and have had an R1220S for some time and feel quite comfortable with the lower position. Any clues?

·
Registered
64 Posts
Just a thought ,is it practicable to lower the bars on the Ninja to sports level? I don't mind the lower position, I had a Gixxer for a short time and have had an R1220S for some time and feel quite comfortable with the lower position. Any clues?
I have been trying to come up with a way to do this as well. From looking at pictures of the Z1000 they look like they have regular bars mounted to the top triple clamp. I've been trying to look at one in person to see if they look the same. If this is possible it should open up many more options/positions for levers and height.

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Not sure if it's possible but this is one area where bikes could get much better: adjustability! To date, I believe the KTM RC8 is the only bike where you can adjust both pegs and handlebars.

It's like buying a car where you can't adjust the seat?!

How great would it be to adjust to the most comfortable position when riding on the fwy to your favorite road, then adjust everything down to a more aggressive position for the twisties! Now you pretty have to choose: get there in comfort but don't have as much fun on backroads or hate the ride there but love the curvy road LOL

·
Registered
828 Posts
I have a set of the adjustable clipons for the Ninja. I never liked the stock bar's sweep so I bought them and never got around to putting them on. You can do a lot with them. You can replicate the stock height or go much lower. I'll end up selling them since I probably won't have the N1k much longer.

·
Registered
709 Posts
I have a set of the adjustable clipons for the Ninja. I never liked the stock bar's sweep so I bought them and never got around to putting them on. You can do a lot with them. You can replicate the stock height or go much lower. I'll end up selling them since I probably won't have the N1k much longer.
Hi DayTrippin,
What kind are they? SpeedyMoto, Apex?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts