Kawasaki Ninja 1000 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all,
on my '15 i started taking apart the rear fender but stopped when the 4 big bolts holding the fender on didn't drop the assembly away. i'm hoping to hear from the guys that have installed a fender eliminator, if i go all the way and split apart the 2 fender pieces, can i access all necessary bolts and install additional spacers to tighten up the loose bits? my ocd won't let this sit alone, and i don't want to jump to a eliminator in case i go with luggage. help.

tia,
parker

·
Registered
483 Posts
Yep you need to take all that apart... it will look like a pile of scrap when you are done. Personally I hope I never need to put that abomination back on my bike!

·
Registered
206 Posts
I have a '14 with the factory saddlebags, I have a tidy tail on mine that works with the bags. Don't worry about that ugly thing, yank it off, and install a tidy tail.
Unless you live in the PNW, then you NEED that ugly thing to keep water and road grime off of your back...

·
Registered
162 Posts
There are 2 hidden screws under all that junk that hold the fender on. You don't reuse them, but they need to come out before you can get it off. basically need to disassemble the entire sub frame to get to the bastards. you tube is also your friend here, there is a video that explains how to take it all apart. not a hard job at all once you know what to do.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts