Kawasaki Ninja 1000 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looks like a great deal - Pirelli ST tire set for $209 ?

I realize that this is an old-ish model tires, that had great reviews a few years ago - but it seems like a great price for a set of sport touring tires.

I won't need these for a couple of months or so, but I'm considering buying these now.

Any thoughts or experience with these? [I know, this could end up being and "oil thread" experience. ;o) ...]

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·

·
Premium Member
12,455 Posts
I went to their store site.

Are you able to change them, yourself? If you can, I think I might try a set. If I had to pay someone another 150 to mount and balance, I'm afraid I would be a puss and get the agt, instead. Even if it was another 100.

·
Premium Member
1,125 Posts
I wonder if you can even find someone to mount internet purchased tires for any price. Around here there's absolutely no MC shop that will mount tires they didn't sell. Even my own little shop that did it for me for years stopped doing it 5-6 years ago.

We do have a shop (Seattle Cycle) that has near internet prices and if you buy the tires from them, mount and balance for free. Actually, they charge me $12/pair for disposal, shop cost, etc. Last summer they charged $10/tire over the best internet price I could find so roughly $32 for mounting and balance.

I don't now if it's an issue with more modern tires but several years ago shelf life was an issue with internet tires. Tires that sat on the shelf for 5 years didn't perform nearly as well as fresh rubber. You might have them check the date codes if you can.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Are you able to change them, yourself? If you can, I think I might try a set. If I had to pay someone another 150 to mount and balance, I'm afraid I would be a puss and get the agt, instead. Even if it was another 100.
My local Kawasaki/Honda dealer installed my internet tires for me a couple of years ago. I’ll have to call him to see if he’ll still do it.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

My dealer will install my tires, ballance them, and get rid of my old tires for $45 per tire. Not a bad deal. Plus, it will get me into his showroom, and a chance for me to fall for a new bike, again. ;o)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts