Kawasaki Ninja 1000 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I'm new to the site. I'm looking for recommendations on frame sliders for my N1K.

Also, does anyone think it's worthwhile to also add the front axle sliders?

Thanks!

·
Registered
971 Posts
If you do a forum search, you'll find at least 2 threads with the same name dealing with sliders.

If you search Youtube under Ninja 1000 frame sliders, you'll see some options.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have T-Rex Racing's sliders:

+ Robust, heavy duty steel construction; should hold up in a crash
+ Nicely machined
+ Price
+ Look good

- Weight; steel back plates
- Hole spacing on left side mounting plate was slightly off; made installation difficult
- Two metric washers missing from kit

I also have T-Rex front axle sliders. I do not like the way they fit; left side bushing is an interference fit. I'd skip them.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Twisted Throttle sells a whole range of R&G crash protection parts for the 11-13 & separately for 14 model. I've had R&G on several bikes. Great fit.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yes, the R&G sliders look really nice, but they are also the priciest. I like the simple look of a shogun or the T-rex, but I was wondering if the larger puck on the Puig Pro or even the R&G are worth the increase in price....

·
Registered
11,465 Posts
In looking at the bike, I dont know if any are really worth the price.

It looks like any tip over will have the plastic on the ground. My t rex's are fine, but I can clearly see plastic will touch first, then the slider...

·
Registered
4 Posts
In my experience, the most important thing with a slider is the mount and how the puck attaches to it; it either holds the puck straight in a crash, or it deforms and the puck can't do it's job. The mount needs to be robust and have multiple attach points.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That's correct. everywhere I read, the common message is that multiple attach points help spread the force of the impact. Was able to get a discounted deal on the R&G so I went with it. Should be here by next week.

Now I'm wondering if it's worth the money to install the front and real sliders. What I like about the rear sliders is that they double as spools making it super easy to mount on the stand. If money just grew on trees....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts