Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just went to the largest Cycle Gear in
Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive lighting Motor vehicle

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive fuel system

Interior design Flooring Art Floor Table

Tire Wheel Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive design

Flooring Font Event Building Hardwood

Texas.

3.5 hours from Dallas. Cold start at 34 degrees. I usually don’t take long trips until temps are in 50’s but I wanted to take a good ride.

Attachments

Reactions: 02603SEC and kenors

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Registered
819 Posts
Just looked it up. Looks like it opened a couple of months after I moved. The past couple of years there I was going to the Panera for coffee right near there all the time.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
Premium Member
15,020 Posts
Did you buy anything? I've only been a few massive stores , similar to this. With so much available, it's hard to leave empty handed.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Did you buy anything? I've only been a few massive stores , similar to this. With so much available, it's hard to leave empty handed.
I went with the intention of buying some riding jeans. After trying on several - they all fit very awkward. I did not know I was unusual but some had weird hip sizes. Tight in some areas and super baggy in others. I will keep looking though. One benefit was not having room to buy anything large because I always eye up more tools. I will say the cheapo Cycle Gear heated grips kicked ***. I have had them on for over a year - but I needed them on this ride.
Automotive lighting Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive design Bicycle part

Automotive lighting Hood Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive design

Automotive lighting Bicycle part Automotive tire Gas Motor vehicle

Reactions: rcannon409

·
Premium Member
169 Posts
Not trying to rain on your parade but I once rode 1,008 miles in just under 16 hours hours and 1,042 miles in just over 16 hours. Now those were long trips! (both were done on my Honda VFR800). I doubt I will ever do something like that again. They're very draining. On the 1,042 mile trip, I almost collapsed when I got off my bike. No joke.

I actually plan on getting some riding jeans, too. I'm kind of leaning towards some Alpinestars Copper V2 riding jeans in black.

·
Premium Member
15,020 Posts
The only giant shop I've been in was Iron Pony Motorsports,near Dayton Ohio. Their "shop" was like this. A place where you wouldn't hear, "We don't have that.". The only thing that saved me is I had to fly. Carrying things was difficult.

It would have been the perfect place to get a helmet. I could have tried on a hundred different helmets and found the perfect one. Just wear it on the plane and be extra safe, I guess?

Reactions: Ninja_1000

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Not trying to rain on your parade but I once rode 1,008 miles in just under 16 hours hours and 1,042 miles in just over 16 hours. Now those were long trips! (both were done on my Honda VFR800). I doubt I will ever do something like that again. They're very draining. On the 1,042 mile trip, I almost collapsed when I got off my bike. No joke.

I actually plan on getting some riding jeans, too. I'm kind of leaning towards some Alpinestars Copper V2 riding jeans in black.
Not rain at all WSB. I have ridden this bike from Georgia to Niagara Falls and back as well as a couple of other longer trips. I was just sharing the Cycle Gear pics for those that had an interest. Those are some long trips - there is an older post that asked for pics and long trip info. If you have pics of those - that would also be a great spot to share. We love seeing others explorations and ride stories. Keep on riding brother...

Reactions: Oliver
1 - 13 of 13 Posts