Kawasaki Ninja 1000 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm making my own liners for the 28 Liter hard saddlebags. I really didn't care for the liners that Kawasaki sells for the bags. My liners are made out of 1000d Cordura. All the zippers are YKK. I feel that my liners are much more functional that the Kawi liners. Mine are much easier to pack and seem to hold more. I'll warrantee the liners against defects in materials and workmanship for as long as you own them! I'm selling them for $110 plus shipping for a pair.

PS: I have a few pairs of the bags that I'm calling seconds. They are structurally perfect, but cosmetically, they have a small pucker in one of the seams (you wouldn't notice it unless you were looking). I'll sell these for $50 a pair, plus shipping. The warrantee would still apply. I can also be reached at [email protected]

Attachments

·
Registered
323 Posts
Email sent - exceptional work!!!

·
Registered
14 Posts
So, I ordered a set of these a few weeks ago- Andy was quick to respond and we got the deal done in a couple days. The bags arrived in time for a a short trip that I'd had planned. I decided to get the "Blemmies" (proto-type/early effort) bags. Hey, they are inside my cases most of the time. They looked really good though, and it took me a while to see where he'd missed his line on one of the seams. It also took me a while to figure out why he'd doubled up on the zippers at the top of the bags. I got it when I was packing though; it makes them easy to load and completely reversible. One bag was easily able to swallow up my personal gear for a 3 day trip. It was easy to fit into the case and left me room to pack a few pairs of spare gloves in the lid. My only complaint is that the heavy canvas he uses for the bag is like Velcro for cat hair! Be warned, don't leave these sitting around, irresistible for cat naps.

The other case is for the bike stuff, plus river stops. I kinda like the way I have things stacked in there now, so haven't set up the other bag. One thought I had was to set it up as my Camping Kitchen bag, then be able to tuck it in there for camping trips and distribute the other items into the seat duffel.

Or not, none of my trip buddies has a bike that'll haul the mail like the N1ka. Andy's Bags make an excellent addition!
Rob

·
Premium Member
1,359 Posts
I'm a little curious as to the model of use for these. Given that it takes 5 seconds to pull the luggage off the bike and carry your stuff in a locked suitcase to wherever you're going, why would anyone need liners? Obviously there's interest from several and it it took some effort to get the cases off the bike I could understand but with Ninja cases I don't see it.
Everybody travels different but my mode is to get where you're going, chuck the luggage (tent or motel) locked up and hit the local roads/sights for a while on my Naked Ninja.
Looks like really nice work on the bags, BTW. A talent I do not possess.

Reactions: trialsguy

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm a little curious as to the model of use for these. Given that it takes 5 seconds to pull the luggage off the bike and carry your stuff in a locked suitcase to wherever you're going, why would anyone need liners? Obviously there's interest from several and it it took some effort to get the cases off the bike I could understand but with Ninja cases I don't see it.
Everybody travels different but my mode is to get where you're going, chuck the luggage (tent or motel) locked up and hit the local roads/sights for a while on my Naked Ninja.
Looks like really nice work on the bags, BTW. A talent I do not possess.
Thanks for the compliment!

For me, I found it was easier to take just the liners than the hard cases. They take up much less space in the hotel room, it's easier to root around inside of them to look for something, they're easier to carry, and I don't have to worry about not scratching them. Plus, they're not dirty, especially after riding through a rainstorm or any multi-day ride.

·
Registered
2021 Ninja 1000SX
125 Posts
I just purchased and received these liners, and can say that the quality is top notch. The double zippers makes perfect sense and usability. SUPER FAST shipping at that. Thanks Smooth!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts