Kawasaki Ninja 1000 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Ninja 1000
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry for the simple question, but I don't know this bike yet. I've a 2019 N1K and will need to tuck away some wires. After removing the fairings, I may find the need to tuck wires under the tank to reach the battery. Is it OK to just lift the tank up on the hinge? I know some bikes have a stand for this so you don't have to actually take the tank completely off to get underneath. Can I do same here or do I need to follow the procedure in the service manual?

Thanks ahead of time.
Ken

·
Registered
A Black 2019 N1K
346 Posts
No need to remove the tank, just remove the 2 bolts and lift the front of the tank.

I used an old bath towel rolled up into a "log" to hold the tank in place while I routed some wires under the right-hand side

·
Registered
2019 Ninja 1000
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No need to remove the tank, just remove the 2 bolts and lift the front of the tank.

I used an old bath towel rolled up into a "log" to hold the tank in place while I routed some wires under the right-hand side
Got it. Thanks mate!

·
Registered
837 Posts
I propped the tank up on a ruler but same difference. Easiest done if the tank is near empty. I ran my wiring up the clutch side.

Reactions: rcannon409

·
Registered
151 Posts
Tank

I did it by loosening the bolt at the rear of the tank where there is a hinge, then removed the two bolts at the front. The tank was lifted/rotated up and propped with a small board wedged on the tank and triple tree being careful about the rubber hoses that run along the bottom of the tank.

·
Premium Member
3,591 Posts
I keep mine pulled back with a bungee cord to the rear seat latch. Have to use a polishing rag up on the tank to keep the bungee hook off of it.

·
Registered
2019 Ninja 1000
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I propped the tank up on a ruler but same difference. Easiest done if the tank is near empty. I ran my wiring up the clutch side.
GSXR's come with a tank stand. I have a couple of them and use them often.
Thank you!
I did it by loosening the bolt at the rear of the tank where there is a hinge, then removed the two bolts at the front. The tank was lifted/rotated up and propped with a small board wedged on the tank and triple tree being careful about the rubber hoses that run along the bottom of the tank.
Thank you!
I keep mine pulled back with a bungee cord to the rear seat latch. Have to use a polishing rag up on the tank to keep the bungee hook off of it.
Thank you!

·
Registered
11,217 Posts
I've had good luck using a half used roll of paper towels. Stuff it back near the pivot point. Much safer than when I end up bumping the rod, and knocking it across the garage. I've done that 20 or 30 times, no idea why

·
Registered
543 Posts
Basically anything you can find in your garage to use as a wedge is fine. I typically use a piece of 2x4.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts