Kawasaki Ninja 1000 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

Registered
2020 Ninja 1000 Sx
Awesome. I鈥檝e been looking for photos of this on the black bike. Looks great.

Registered
I have considered that one as well. How does it sound compared to stock?

Registered
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Awesome. I鈥檝e been looking for photos of this on the black bike. Looks great.
Yeah, I was looking for pictures also. That鈥檚 why I posted it .
I finally pulled the trigger andI鈥檓 very happy how it looks.
The exhaust note is deeper that stock at idle.
when on the throttle it progressively get louder but not much.
The baffle is removable and is even louder which can be fun for a day ride but I plan keeping it in for my long distant trips.

Registered
If you could make a video with the audio? I like leo vince but I'm wanting to get rid of those stupid asymmetric headers and the only full systems are arrow and akropovic. Can't find any info if those headers would be compatible with the leo slip on...

Registered
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
If you could make a video with the audio? I like leo vince but I'm wanting to get rid of those stupid asymmetric headers and the only full systems are arrow and akropovic. Can't find any info if those headers would be compatible with the leo slip on...
[/
Yes,I can make a video, it鈥檚 only with a I phone so 鈥..the sound quality???
It鈥檚 def deeper at idle which I like.
But when riding it I do not notice much of a change.
I prefer the baffle out, sounds way better and looks wicked with that big ole鈥 hole. Love the liter bikes,
So stay tuned , I鈥檒l get that video for ya.

Registered
Do you happen to have the bags? Looks like it would fit OK.

This looks like one of the better options. I like how it looks. Price not bad either.

Also, assume your heel hits the exhaust like stock or not?

What are those black, spring looking things?

Sorry for all the questions. I really like this so seriously considering.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Do you happen to have the bags? Looks like it would fit OK.

This looks like one of the better options. I like how it looks. Price not bad either.

Also, assume your heel hits the exhaust like stock or not?

What are those black, spring looking things?

Sorry for all the questions. I really like this so seriously considering.
Hey,
So I do not have the factory panniers, trying to buy as we speak. Leo Vince says the panniers will fit and I agree with you, looks like they will. The slip on is a lot smaller so again it will the panniers to mount.
My heel does not hit the exhaust. I am considering a carbon heat shield but not too anxious to buy cuz it鈥檚 not exactly made for it.
My heel never hit the factory pipe. If your heel hit the factory then most likely will hit this one too.
The black springs are what holds the slip on the the connecting pipe. Many exhaust are held together by springs. It鈥檚 not going anywhere especially with the clamp on correctly.
I did re adjust the clamp to the middle of the slip on as directed in the instructions.

Premium Member
I saw this post and thought to myself "Hey! You have Leo Vince exhaust on your bike! Try it!" I bought my 2018 used a few months ago. The previous owner put them on and I hadn't even considered the fact that I could remove those until I saw this post.

I just took it for a ride with both removed and I'm blown away. I'm not a fan of loud exhausts but I really think I'm going to leave them out except for road trips. They just sound so amazing.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Been a couple months now... how are you liking this can?
Love it!
I get many many positive comments on how great it looks and sounds.
I just came home this weekend from a 1400 mile trip down to Tazewell Va. and back.
I rode down with the baffle in and removed it for the hot laps around the back of the dragon, bootlegger and the scorpion. I put the baffle back in for a more mellow ride home to Pa.
All my buddies love the sound with the baffle out as I do. It鈥檚 nice to be able remove and re install at will.
Great quality slip on. Love this bike!
To add the panniers and get to a place with wicked roads and remove the panniers and baffle is like having 2 bikes. So much fun!
A steady throttle at 70-80 mph , I can get
200 + miles on a tank of fuel very easily.
The rideology app was glitchy but still fun.
The adjustable preload on the rear shock and small adjust up front gave a super smooth ride fully loaded with gear and clothes.
I came off a 04 BMW 1200rs and I thought that bike was great, this bike blows that one away !
Art Fence Graffiti Snow Font

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive fuel system

Registered
2021 Ninja 1000SX
Leo Vince鈥檚 website has been showing out of stock for some time now鈥. Been anxiously waiting for them to show back up.

Did you order direct, or thru PartsWarehouse?

Registered
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Leo Vince鈥檚 website has been showing out of stock for some time now鈥. Been anxiously waiting for them to show back up.

Did you order direct, or thru PartsWarehouse?
I ordered direct. The black was in stock on June 15 and received it 7 days later.
At that time the stainless was out of stock.
I just looked and now both are out of stock.
Sorry to hear !
Be patient , it鈥檚 worth the wait.

Registered
2020 Ninja 1000 Sx
For anyone still looking, the Leo Vince website shows the slip on in stock now. Just ordered mine for delivery in Canada.

Registered
2021 Ninja 1000SX
For anyone still looking, the Leo Vince website shows the slip on in stock now. Just ordered mine for delivery in Canada.
Unfortunately, the US distributor (PartUnlimited) is still showing out of stock :(,
But I do see them in stock if ordered direct.

On a related note鈥 while I was looking forward to purchasing this, I鈥檝e since had second thoughts, since it does not come with any type of heat shield.

Currently, my boot hits and sometimes rests on the factory heat shield. Not sure I鈥檇 want that happening on a hot pipe.

Registered
2020 Ninja 1000 Sx
Unfortunately, the US distributor (PartUnlimited) is still showing out of stock :(,
But I do see them in stock if ordered direct.

On a related note鈥 while I was looking forward to purchasing this, I鈥檝e since had second thoughts, since it does not come with any type of heat shield.

Currently, my boot hits and sometimes rests on the factory heat shield. Not sure I鈥檇 want that happening on a hot pipe.
I see your point. That happens with me at times too so I wonder if it will be an issue eventually.

anyone used a wrap or aftermarket heat shield to deal with this issue?

Registered
Screw you spell check. I'm just going to leave Low Vince.spellcheck is smarter than I am....My "Low Vince" has been like that for over 10 years. I don't really hit it. it's never even discolored the pipe, or damaged the boot.

I think there's more clearance than standard, maybe? I remember wondering about this when I added the exhaust, but it was a non issue. Also, if you manage to get rid of the cat, the heat there is nothing. My leg is also lower, and more tucked in than stock.
Tire Automotive tire Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Vehicle brake

Registered
2020 Ninja 1000 Sx
Yea it looks like a little more clearance. I鈥檓 still waiting for it to ship so let鈥檚 see once installed. Would a wrap on the part of the header pipe incase it does touch? Just don鈥檛 want a burnt boot! Just thinking of options if it is a problem

Registered
Wraps tens to suck. If they get moisture under them,and they always do, it's an issue.

I bought one of these for my other bike. It's a fake, but works as well as the 100.00 real one.

Registered
2020 Ninja 1000 Sx
Wraps tens to suck. If they get moisture under them,and they always do, it's an issue.

I bought one of these for my other bike. It's a fake, but works as well as the 100.00 real one.

great! Good point about the moisture. I鈥檒l have this as a backup incase I face the issue

1 - 20 of 20 Posts