Kawasaki Ninja 1000 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there, looking for led head lights Hi/low beams for 2011 N1k. Got some from ebay but light assembly is just too bulky to be installed and metal bracket clamp won't close properly. Any other options you guys might have, thanks in advance.

·
Registered
370 Posts
I installed the projector package from BKMoto about 18 months ago. The new headlights are brighter -- both are on and have low/high beams -- I went with bright white color with white halos. I've noticed that over time the lights have become a little more yellow, but not too much. Even so, the headlights have performed very well even in triple-digit temps in summer and low 40s temps in winter. The only issue is that the actual headlight units have to be separated at their seams to install the projectors inside. I ordered a complete new headlight assembly to modify and I painted the reflectors black while they were apart -- the better for the projector lights to stand out on the highway. That way I could continue to ride until I was done modifying the new headlights and I was ready to make the switch.

Attachments

·
Registered
422 Posts
The problem I found, and another member here even made a video for this, it's an H7 bulb with an H4 adapter. Then, it uses that spacer at the rear of the bulb, which is what causes most of the issues. The primary issue being whatever bulb you use must be shaped in a way to install that spacer at the rear of the bulb, which is critical in order for the headlight bulb mounting bracket to close tightly behind that H7 bulb. Some have found these LED bulbs. But there is no easy documentation to know EXACTLY which bulbs will fit. There are literaly dozens and dozens of LED bulbs out there. But which will REALLY fit inside the headlight housing '11-'16 N1k is still a mystery and requires a lot of digging through posts, and then finding the right product.

The one member who found an LED bulb that fit perfect, the one who made a YouTube video....the bulb he used is no longer available for sale anywhere.

·
Premium Member
3,598 Posts
Your asking if theres a plug and play H4 bulb that has a H7 base to fit our 2016 and older bikes? The answer is no if so.
I took a set of H4 LEDs and modified the base to fit and built electrical adapters to run both head lights simultaneously. Only to find that the reflectors would scatter the low beams so badly that I felt I'd be blinding on coming traffic. They would literally shine on the ceiling of the garage. I tried to adjust them in and out, turned them 180 and 90 degrees from the instructions just to see. Nothing helped. Ended up installing a set of Profile LED projectors that are very bright down the road but lack in corner light when leaned over. not a easy install either.

·
Premium Member
2014 Green N1K
199 Posts
I bought some LedPere bulbs but could not install them because the fan motor was mounted to the stem and would not allow the spring holder to latch. Tried multiple way to get them in, but no luck.

So I bought a set that the fan motor screws on the stem. This allows the fan to be attached after the light and dust cover are securely in place.

Only other option would be the LedPere bulbs that Kenor used which have a balast that has to be mounted to the frame.

·
Premium Member
2014 Green N1K
199 Posts
These were "unbranded" from China.

Need to make a correction. The LED I installed do not have a fan motor. They are passively cooled. They were bought from eBay. Could not find them still for sale.

Searching Amazon, I saw these: Xtremevision V10 30W 8,000LM - H7 LED Headlight Conversion Kit - 6500K CSP LED - 2019 Model. Something like this would work since there is no fan motor.

Also saw these: KATANA Fanless H7 LED Headlight Bulbs, Wireless All-in-One Conversion Kit PHI Chips 12000LM Super Bright 6500K Xenon White. But unless the back end is threaded to be removed it will not fit through the dust cover hole.

This might work given the small size of the fan: H7 LED Headlight Bulbs,12000lm 6500k Extremely Brightness Car headlamp Conversion Kit-CSP Chips(Upgrade)

·
Registered
464 Posts
I just used an h7 on mine as well with cooling fins. When that broke, I replaced it with the ones with the fan that can be detached. There are some boot covers you can buy that would hold the lights in place.

I hope they come out with led projectors. I cannot lose the LED because I flash to pass all the time. While I know I can run dual hid so I do not lose the ability to flash, I would also prefer to spread the electrical capacity to my heated gears and other electronics like my radar detector and phone charger.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts