Kawasaki Ninja 1000 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Indonesian blog TMC has heard a rumor that Kawasaki may be launching a new 250cc motorcycle similar to their Ninja 250/300, but this time using a single-cylinder engine.

The bike is expected to look very similar to the Ninja, as it uses many of the same components, but it will not compare in terms of performance. There has been more and more demand for reliable bikes with lower operational costs, especially in Asian markets. This bike should allow Kawasaki to compete with similar bikes offered by Honda, KTM and Suzuki.

·
Registered
120 Posts
pshh KTM makes a 390 single that out punches 500's what you mean Kawasaki cant make a hi-po single ;) looks like apure economy play, but what does need to be kept in mind is that Asian markets typically will log tons of long miles on their steeds so a punchless single will likely sell very poorly especially if it gets buzzy on the hands during sustained highway cruising

·
Registered
971 Posts
The headlight looks like the Yamaha FZ6R.

Let's go back to the future and fight the war with the CBR250.

·
Registered
210 Posts
pshh KTM makes a 390 single that out punches 500's what you mean Kawasaki cant make a hi-po single ;) looks like apure economy play, but what does need to be kept in mind is that Asian markets typically will log tons of long miles on their steeds so a punchless single will likely sell very poorly especially if it gets buzzy on the hands during sustained highway cruising
clearly they're aiming for a specific market here. im sure if they wanted to they could build something to directly rival the KTM you mentioned.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Given that this came from an Indonesian auto blog, I would say this bike is likely headed to Asia. I'm sure the people there will find a way to fit their entire families on to it.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Given that this came from an Indonesian auto blog, I would say this bike is likely headed to Asia. I'm sure the people there will find a way to fit their entire families on to it.
haha.
they can remove the wind screen and have a child sit their, what ever works, the struggle is real.

·
Registered
120 Posts
its supposed to go head to head with CBR250 price wise in India. Right now the Ninjette eats the CBRs lunch in terms of performance but is getting killed volume wise because of the tacked on premium. The 250 single should get them down to CBR250 pricing in India.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Why wouldn't they just move production to India so as to avoid many of the fees and taxes? Its also not necessarily true that this bike is heading to India. It could be focused on SE Asia or China or Bangladesh.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Why wouldn't they just move production to India so as to avoid many of the fees and taxes? Its also not necessarily true that this bike is heading to India. It could be focused on SE Asia or China or Bangladesh.
depends if it makes sense to setup their. initial costs are a lot and takes a long time to make up for it.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Here its been spied.

Kawasakis decision to do this I believe is mainly for profit growth in Asian markets

In Asia the 200-400cc market is the largest. And the competition is realizing this and stepping it up (KTM is introducing many lower CC motorcycles in Asia and continue to have top sales numbers when compared to competition)

Kawasaki wants a piece of the pie as well.

·
Registered
166 Posts
I find single cylinder engines to be.. Kind of.. Lawn mowerish.

any advantage of this over the Ninja 250 twin parallel?

·
Registered
210 Posts
I find single cylinder engines to be.. Kind of.. Lawn mowerish.

any advantage of this over the Ninja 250 twin parallel?
It is an entry-level sport bike, there's only so much they can do while staying within their budget and still making a profit. It's only whats fair.
Anyone who wants a fast bike can always spend more or buy an older higher CC bike for the cost of a new lower cc bike.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
So will this bike be selling for somewhere around $4,000? I guess we don't even know if it is coming to the US yet, so maybe that isn't the right currency...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts