Kawasaki Ninja 1000 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a lightly used Kawasaki Tank Bag for sale. It has a few light soil marks on the inside, the tags have been removed, otherwise is in like new condition. I think $75.00 USD + shipping, is a fair price. If interested your can figure shipping costs from zip 85929, shipping box dimensions are 23"x13"x13" at 4 lbs. Here are 2 photos (more photos if requested) and the link to the Kawasaki product page.

Kawasaki Tank Bag

Attachments

·
Registered
7 Posts
@Eagle Six, this is unrelated to your post, but I remember seeing you write somewhere in a comment about "pre-loading" the foot shifter before shifting up to the next gear and how much smoother that makes the shift (I think it was a discussion about using a quickshifter vs old-school shifting). I tried it the other day and wow, what a difference! It made each upshift so much smoother and faster. I don't know why I never thought to do it, I always felt like I had way too much space between when I'd cut off the throttle and when I'd upshift, and then re-apply the throttle. Only having to move my foot up a few inches makes a big difference! So thanks for giving that tip out!

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I tried it the other day and wow, what a difference! It made each upshift so much smoother and faster.
Happy to hear that it is working for you. The method has been around for many years, but I guess us old timers don't talk about it much.

·
Registered
7 Posts
As soon as I did it, I couldn't believe I'd never done it before, it seemed so intuitive in hindsight. But man, that improvement in the shift time and more consistently having that continuous acceleration felt really good. This was on my '06 CBR600RR. I don't get my 1000SX until this winter.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
This was on my '06 CBR600RR. I don't get my 1000SX until this winter.
Well, if your new bike is a 2021, you are going to get some more excitement with the quick shifter. When I attended Freddie Spencer's High Performance class many years ago I spent two days on the track riding their CBR600RR and really enjoyed it. It was on my bike list but for whatever reason I never got one of my own, great supersport bikes.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Yes, I'm getting a 2021. Really looking forward to having electronic cruise control and the quickshifter! I've loved my CBR, I was looking at getting another Honda but they seem to be investing less and less into the US market, and they don't have a motorcycle at all similar to the 1000SX. I was looking for something that was a good hybrid between a sport bike and a sport touring, I felt like a lot of the sport touring bikes gave up a lot in aesthetics and I really like a bike that looks aggressive, but needed something that was more comfortable to ride. It looks like the 1000SX will fit that bill, I hope at least.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Yes, I'm getting a 2021. Really looking forward to having electronic cruise control and the quickshifter! I've loved my CBR, I was looking at getting another Honda but they seem to be investing less and less into the US market, and they don't have a motorcycle at all similar to the 1000SX. I was looking for something that was a good hybrid between a sport bike and a sport touring, I felt like a lot of the sport touring bikes gave up a lot in aesthetics and I really like a bike that looks aggressive, but needed something that was more comfortable to ride. It looks like the 1000SX will fit that bill, I hope at least.
I also had a 600RR I bought new back in July 2006. Absolutely loved the bike bike needed more comfort. I do regret selling it, as it would’ve been a great track bike. This Ninja is a truly fantastic machine. I wish Honda made something similar because I’d probably own it, but Kawasaki will get my money as long as they keep making great bikes like these.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Update, this tank bag has been sold

·
Registered
7 Posts
I also had a 600RR I bought new back in July 2006. Absolutely loved the bike bike needed more comfort. I do regret selling it, as it would’ve been a great track bike. This Ninja is a truly fantastic machine. I wish Honda made something similar because I’d probably own it, but Kawasaki will get my money as long as they keep making great bikes like these.
Yeah, even though my CBR is veerrrrryy uncomfortable on long rides, I absolutely love it- and my plan is to keep it and use it on the track or when I really want to hit the scenic routes hard. I imagine my new Ninja is going to see the bulk of the use though. It is a shame that Honda's really dropping out of motorcycles it seems, my Honda has been incredibly reliable and I really enjoy the machine.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts