Kawasaki Ninja 1000 Forum banner

Kawasaki Ninja 1000 Competition / Competitors

7K views 11 replies 12 participants last post by  Dry509 
#1 ·
What sort of competition is the Ninja 1000 ranked up against?

#3 ·
#5 ·
I think honda shows 104 hp at 10,000 on the vfr 800 i think the ninja beats it hands down

#6 ·
2016 Suzuki GSX S1000F was designed to compete with the Ninja 1000 and others in its class but if you are doing any touring at all the N1k is way more capable with greater suspension and ride mode adjustability, slightly further range, better wind protection and side cases.

Here's a comparo between the two.

#7 ·
I saw that. The extra 20 hp is a big plus for the Suzuki in some people's eyes. Maybe if it was 40, I'd be more interested. ;)

What I did find when I was on the Suzuki is it felt a lot more cramped in the seat area. I didn't want an ever sportier riding position than the Ninja. If I did, I'd go for a full sport bike.

Still if I was in the market for a new bike, I'd consider the Suzi in this price range.

#9 · (Edited)
I just read a review on MotoUSA and they favored the Suzuki GSX S1000F over the NK1. This article may have already been posted (my apologies if this a re-post) but I found it to be a very good review and evaluation of both bikes.

9http://www.motorcycle-usa.com/2016/02/article/2016-suzuki-gsx-s1000f-vs-kawasaki-ninja-1000-comparison-review/

It was close, but a nod was given to the Suzuki.

I have to say that the NK1 is a great bike and I would probably still choose it over the Suzuki. The GSX is a bit closer to a pure sport bike, which I really like but I still like our bike better for a number of reasons.

The NK1 still has plenty of performance and with the Ivan re-flash probably nearly as much HP. In the review, they said the Suzuki had a twitchy throttle in the low range, which I really don't like because it takes away from everyday riding. I have the spark black 2015 NK1 and it looks better than either the blue or red version of Suzuki and I am not a fan of the hawk beak front end in the Suzuki. Not to mention, if you are into touring the NK1 is more capable with its multiple pannier options- not sure what options are available in the Suzuki.

You can not go wrong with either bike, but the NK1 is still I think an exceptionally good package vs. the competition- I am very happy with my choice.

#10 ·
From what I can make of the comparison,it is only in the topmost revs does the Suzuki ease past the Ninja. I think from memory they are very similar in power and torque until the top revs. I tested the Suzuki ( then my preferred option) and the markedly on/off throttle put me off. After a ride on the Ninja it was a no contest. Some time previously I had an earlier GSX and it was a remarkable bike.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.