Kawasaki Ninja 1000 Forum banner
21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
420 Posts
Shame they don't let you demo the zx14, one of the voices in my head really wants me to ride one
They used to. I think it was the 2007 Demo Days in Scottsdale, AZ. I rode some of the smaller bikes (thinking about a track bike), so the wife and I rode the ZX14 2-up for giggles and grins. I already had a 2006 ZX14. They also floated us a membership to the ROK club (Riders of Kawasaki) which got us VP passes and all the frills they provided at that West World show. It was a much bigger deal back then. It was actually a fun full day and we rode a lot of other brands of bikes as well. We left on the best bike of the show, our ZX14!

·
Registered
946 Posts
A long while ago, Kawi Demo events used to have almost the full lineup. I remember going to one set up at the Sam Houston Race Park that was very impressive. I think Corporate ran those events. Now they hop from dealership to dealership with a smaller selection.

BTW, the IMS outdoor show will have a quite a few mfrs doing demo rides. I'm going to the Texas Motor Speedway event just for the Suzi Busa. :cool: Might have to elbow & kick my way in line for that, for sure. STREET DEMO RIDES | motorcycleshows.com

·
Registered
122 Posts
I'm fortunate enough not to have bum knees, so I'm comfortable on even the ZX6R.
My knees are fine. It's just too cramped with my height. I'm basically laying on the tank to ride it. Emotionally, I want a 6R soooooooo bad. But I know logically it's a terrible idea for anything other than a dedicated track bike, which I can neither afford nor have the garage space for.

You lucky Americans! Kawasaki does not have Demo days any more in Canada. Only Honda, Suzuki and Yamaha have a few that I've been to over the past 3-4 years.
Count yourself lucky. In my area at least, neither Honda nor Suzuki offer demo days. And Yamaha hasn't had one since well before the shenanigans.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts