Kawasaki Ninja 1000 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
419 Posts
The last demo I attended, Arizona December 2019, the breathalyzer was required.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Nothing like letting some drunk bastid crash your Ninja 1000 SX demo bike and possibly taking out some other folks too!

I'm gonna try to snag a Zero demo ride.

Reactions: Crawsack

·
Registered
122 Posts
I've done several Kawi demo rides, actually. Ridden a ZX6R, Ninja 650, Z650, Vulcan S, and a Versys 1000. Breathalyzer was required on all of them. I think it's a fair requirement. They are putting just about any random schmuck off the street on bikes costing many thousands of dollars. The least they can do is make sure you're sober. :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
946 Posts
I love these Kawi Demo Days. They used to give out Kawi Kash vouchers when you test ride at one, and it's good for $500 towards a brand new Kawi bike. After Covid shutdown, they quit doing the Kawi Kash. That's a shame. That was how I got $500 lobbed off an already sweet deal on a NOS N1k.

Reactions: Bc2

·
Registered
'05 CBR1000RR, '18 CBR1000RR SP, '21 Ninja 1000SX
202 Posts
Wished I waited to buy my N1K ... to get the $500 voucher. ha ha
Is that $500 voucher a standard practice for Kawa?

·
Registered
946 Posts
For many yrs, yes. I was surprised they dropped the program. The guys whose company Kawi contracted to run the Kawi Demo Days tours (no they are not Kawi corporate people) told me the program has been very successful and account for a good % of Kawi's total annual sales. Maybe too successful? And Kawi corporate thinks those vouchers are dropping their bottom line? Dunno.

·
Registered
946 Posts
The breathalyzer thing is no biggie,, unless you are asthmatic or have emphysema.

·
Registered
615 Posts
I went to a bunch of demo days here for Kawasaki and Yamaha. They dropped the voucher and the rebates because of the supply and demand issues. No need to discount bikes when they sell so fast. Kawasaki gave me a Monster, a hat, and a Kawi themed covid mask. The new N1K is nice. I liked the ZX6R but there is no leg room on that bike.

FYI you can't ride the zx10, zx14, or the H2s.

Also, I blew a negative after indulging quite a bit the night before.

·
Premium Member
13,022 Posts
Most rules have a story behind them. I would like to know the story behind this test. I'll bet it's a good one. A .21 was my personal best.

·
Registered
419 Posts
I love these Kawi Demo Days. They used to give out Kawi Kash vouchers when you test ride at one, and it's good for $500 towards a brand new Kawi bike. After Covid shutdown, they quit doing the Kawi Kash. That's a shame. That was how I got $500 lobbed off an already sweet deal on a NOS N1k.
On the last demo I attended in 2019 I got the Kaw Cash, then it expired by the time I bought the bike!! I still got a discount and I probably would not have gotten the better deal, so everything worked out.

·
Registered
122 Posts
I went to a bunch of demo days here for Kawasaki and Yamaha. They dropped the voucher and the rebates because of the supply and demand issues. No need to discount bikes when they sell so fast. Kawasaki gave me a Monster, a hat, and a Kawi themed covid mask. The new N1K is nice. I liked the ZX6R but there is no leg room on that bike.

FYI you can't ride the zx10, zx14, or the H2s.
I found the same to be true on the ZX6R. It was fun to ride, but hell no I'm not getting one for a primary bike. I'm 6'4" tall. That would be torture to ride more than 20-30 minutes at a time. I do wish they had a demo ZX10R, but I completely understand why they wouldn't. Honestly, I'm a little surprised they even had a demo N1K, given their sales are so much lower in the US than in Europe.

·
Premium Member
1,259 Posts
I must say that it took 2 demo days to get me on a Ninja 1000. As a die hard VFR guy the first N1k ride really didn't do it for me. But with my '99 VFR approaching 98k miles I gave it a second go and came away more impressed. Now I'm on my 3rd N1k and still pretty happy. Other than high rpm vibrations I'm a pretty happy camper.

It helped that one of the guys helping the demo was a retired VP of sales in the US. He went all the way back to when I started riding talking about the bikes in the late 60's & 70's through today. But the ride was the best sales pitch Kawasaki could have given to win me over.

Reactions: Oramac

·
Registered
615 Posts
I found the same to be true on the ZX6R. It was fun to ride, but hell no I'm not getting one for a primary bike. I'm 6'4" tall. That would be torture to ride more than 20-30 minutes at a time. I do wish they had a demo ZX10R, but I completely understand why they wouldn't. Honestly, I'm a little surprised they even had a demo N1K, given their sales are so much lower in the US than in Europe.
I'm 6" 1', and find the Gen 4 zx10r to have a good amount of leg room. The bike comes with two positions you can adjust the rearset too. Not sure about the 2 newer gens.

·
Registered
946 Posts
The last Demo Day I went to was just after they resumed after the COVID lockdown. I went on a Friday right as they opened and was the the only one there. The lead rider told me since I was the only one and there were no sign ups following, we could go around on an extended ride. The sweeper didn't even bother to come along. That was pretty cool. I was glad I picked the Z900 for that one.

I've been to these events so often, I've pretty much sampled every sport and sport touring bike at least twice. I'm fortunate enough not to have bum knees, so I'm comfortable on even the ZX6R. If they ever do the Kawi Kash again, I might seriously consider getting one.

Reactions: Oramac

·
Registered
2020 Ninja 1000 Sx
79 Posts
You lucky Americans! Kawasaki does not have Demo days any more in Canada. Only Honda, Suzuki and Yamaha have a few that I've been to over the past 3-4 years.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts