Kawasaki Ninja 1000 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last week at the Tokyo Motor Show Kawasaki gave us quite the surprise....

Supercharged engines...

No concrete details have been released but to this point it is expected Kawasaki will begin with a 1000cc supercharged engine and recreate the ZZR1400, but these are all speculative if not completely made up...

My particular interest is what will happen to the Ninja 1000 and Z1000. Will we see smaller 500-750cc engines with a super strapped to them in order to recreate the power of a full liter?

This seems to be more of a fuel efficiency play than pure performance. Figure that an engine only consumes fuel when going bang (compression,ignition you know the game) so reduce the number of bangs and you reduce the amount of fuel consumed ;) couple that with efficient gearing and you have yourself a powerful and economical sport tourer....

although this could also help the Ninja 1000 around town. Now its not exactly a handful but reducing the weight of a full 1000 down to say 750ccs will do much for in town maneuverability, plus supers are notorious for their fantastic low end performance.

Oh not to mention, instant and linear power delivery ;)

·
Registered
33 Posts
I think that the name of the game now is making fuel efficient vehicles/bikes that don't sacrifice performance. If this move is taking Kawasaki in that direction, I think they are doing a good job. After all, I would be fine with a bike having less displacement if it was more more fuel efficient and went just as fast. Bring it on!

·
Registered
210 Posts
I think that the name of the game now is making fuel efficient vehicles/bikes that don't sacrifice performance. If this move is taking Kawasaki in that direction, I think they are doing a good job. After all, I would be fine with a bike having less displacement if it was more more fuel efficient and went just as fast. Bring it on!
As long as they do this without sacrificing performance and even increasing power by a good amount they will be selling bikes at the pace they want and need to.

But more lower end, lower CC bikes will be the answer.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts