Kawasaki Ninja 1000 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
List price is $529, but a few sites had them for $476. I love the way they sound in the video (www.m4exhaust.com/products/kawasaki-z1000-2010.htm), and it looks like they should clear the hard bags with no problem. I called m4 last week to see if they had tested that, but they hadn't. The slip-ons should arrive next week, and I'll post before and after videos if anyone is interested.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
For anyone who was wondering whether the M4 slipons will fit with the factory hard bags, it's not an issue at all. Now to find a fender eliminator that works with them...

Attachments

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
update

I still haven't found a list of compatible parts for this, so I took measurements, and went with my best guess. I ordered the FE-K10Z1 fender eliminator kit from MotoDynamic. It comes with mounts for both factory and 10mm turn signals. Then I ordered the HH-68-9292 10mm shark turn signal set and HH-68-2525 turn signal relay from Highway Hawk. Total cost was $124, including shipping. Both front and rear signals flash at the normal rate with the relay installed, and now I can take the bike on beach trips, etc. again. With the 10mm mounts turned 'inside' rather than 'outside', the new signals *just* clear the factory hard bags.

Attachments

·
Registered
156 Posts
I've added slip-ons to several previous bikes but I've never had a set quite like the M4's. The installation was super-simple and installed in mere minutes to my '14 model without any issues whatsoever. The exhaust note is great too (IMHO) being deeper and not excessively loud. I really couldn't be happier.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Another happy M4 owner here. Affordable, look great with bags on or off, good sound.... extremely pleased with purchase!

·
Registered
42 Posts
Do you have a PC installed or don't need with the M4 slip ons?

·
Registered
100 Posts
I recently picked up some M4's for my bike. I am running Ivan's reflash package with Akra dual header. The M4's are STUPID loud....BUT......call M4 direct and order their Stage 2 inserts for $35ea and it brings the sound back to good levels.

I'm really liking the M4's now.

·
Registered
198 Posts
I bought a set last weekend. They sound good. But are a little on the louder side compared to stock. Not sure if I will baffle yet or not. But they look and sound good.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts