Kawasaki Ninja 1000 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just installed my National Cycle Vstream Touring shield. Will report back when I ride it.
sexy and sleek? Not so much. Good thing is I can go back stock for summer riding
in 5 minutes

·
Registered
527 Posts
Would like to read the report when you get around to trying it out. I have the Vstream sport touring model. Seems to block more air than the Puig racing screen I have but it seems louder.

BTW I'm 6'1" tall so I wonder if the full touring screen may be better for me.

Reactions: Jam

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Will do. I am 5’9” 32” Inseam. The inseam tells you more when comparing

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Maybe it’s bullet proof? It’s that one street I usually don’t go around🤔😳

·
Registered
527 Posts
Will do. I am 5’9” 32” Inseam. The inseam tells you more when comparing
How so? My torso is probably taller than yours so my helmet would be higher. Do you ride with your feet behind your ears?

·
Premium Member
1,333 Posts
My taller Vstream seems to focus engine noise right at the helmet more than the Puig or OEM. I normally ride with earplugs so I don't pay much attention but without them I can really tell. Engine noise becomes predominent with with the Vstream.
Also I wear a Shoei Neotec flip face helmet, not the quietest helmet.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well the inseam length dictates how long your torso is. If that makes sense

·
Registered
527 Posts
My taller Vstream seems to focus engine noise right at the helmet more than the Puig or OEM. I normally ride with earplugs so I don't pay much attention but without them I can really tell. Engine noise becomes predominent with with the Vstream.
Also I wear a Shoei Neotec flip face helmet, not the quietest helmet.
That's been my experience with the Vstream spirt touring version also. I wear a Shoei Gt Air with earplugs and it's noticeably louder than with the Puig racing screen. Other than the noise I really like it.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Good morning Jam. I don’t think it looks that bad. I just put the same on my 2015 Ninja and took it for a test ride last night. Made a huge difference with wind blast near the arms/side area. I still had wind at helmet level though. No buffering which I was glad but a lot of noise. May be my helmet? I have an Icon, which I like, but there may be quieter ones out there. Anyway, I think you will like it, made a big difference. Now for some bark busters!!!!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Good to hear.
yeah my son even said it was ok as long as I did not put a high mounted trunk.
We have a ongoing family joke about all the trunks I have added to my bikes all 71 of them over my 70 years

·
Registered
77 Posts
Good to hear.
yeah my son even said it was ok as long as I did not put a high mounted trunk.
We have a ongoing family joke about all the trunks I have added to my bikes all 71 of them over my 70 years
I have a Shad system on the bike, side cases and top case! Love them so am anxious to see how it feels with the high windshield.

·
Registered
527 Posts
I just received my vstream touring shield today. Took it for a short ride and it seems to work as advertised. I'll get a better idea in a few days when the rain passes.

It is slightly noisy but not any more the the vstream sport touring screen i use as my everyday screen. It doesn't look as bad as some make it out to be either.

Reactions: kenors

·
Registered
77 Posts
I just received my vstream touring shield today. Took it for a short ride and it seems to work as advertised. I'll get a better idea in a few days when the rain passes.

It is slightly noisy but not any more the the vstream sport touring screen i use as my everyday screen. It doesn't look as bad as some make it out to be either.
Glad you good with it. I agree, not that bad of a look. Pleasantly surprised with the nice pocket this shield creates along with the little extension.

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
I like the Vstream Touring screen. I rode with the Vstream sport touring for a while and it actually works quite well. Only thing was it directs the noisy windblast right at my helmet. I like to listen to podcast when commuting, and the wind noise drowns out my bluetooth headset over earplugs.

The touring version is definitely quieter. Still way noisier than the K1600GT. Problem with the N1k is the screen is much closer to the rider, so there is only so much it can do. Not ideal, but okay.

·
Premium Member
13,350 Posts
Volfy, did you see the post, on facebook, where the guy has a trunk like yours? It looks very similar. Anyway, he was upset because his subframe bolts failed.

The added stress of the trunk caused them to loosen. At that point, the bolts were cut in half. For this reason, it's probably a good idea to tighten them, or check them, on a regular basis.

I would add a link, but theres about zero chance I'm smart enough to add one for facebook. All I added were these pretty lines?.....? Sorry

·
Premium Member
1,333 Posts
Here's one discussion thread on this forum:

I think the best easiest solution people came up with is simply longer bolts with a steel nut on the backside. It acts like a locknut and puts additional pressure on the aluminum-aluminum joint.

I have to believe the failure rate on this is VERY small considering Kawasaki has had 10 years to modify the subframe mount and hasn't done so. Then again, they specifically say "don't do this" so maybe that covers their butts.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts