Kawasaki Ninja 1000 Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
There's honestly a lot of different variables going on. One thing I've personally seen is some dealerships that have stock and are doing business, while others say that they can't get anything. With bikes that are made out of the country, lead time is a big factor, so the bikes on the floor today are there because of decisions made months and months ago. And then, of course, there is the fact that many of these manufacturers are facing supply problems, which are in turn based on a whole chain of problems. You have vehicles sitting on lots outside of factories waiting on radios or some other part. You have companies making decisions about the most profitable way to allocate what parts they do have.

I'm sure Kawasaki is dealing with the same sort of thing, and sometimes you have seemingly strange results. Maybe the dirt bikes are less affected by inability to get components from an upstream supplier (for example computers). Maybe a particular machine, used to make frames for certain bikes at a particular factory, was out of commission for a while because it broke down and the part it needed was unavailable.
So my knowledge base is more in bicycle sales than Motorcycle sales but from what I am seeing and hearing its exactly the same thing decisions made long ago see some shops with stock and others with out and not all shops could afford to compete.
Previously in Bicycle sales you would get the bike from the supplier and have 90 days to pay for the bike (established shops) when supply started to dwindle some stores paid for bikes upfront at the supplier before delivery allowing the supplier to also pay upfront before production. These shops had stock all the way through whilst other shops were left high and dry with no supply. A lot of shops just did not adapt and stayed the same and paid a price - my local Kawasaki dealer gets all the new stuff ASAP as he has it ordered and paid for as soon as its available to do so. Went in the other day and he had a t least one of nearly every new 2022 model currently available already on the floor.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts