Kawasaki Ninja 1000 Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
I know we gave the other rs owner a bunch of crap, but that was for him, not the bike. That's a nice bike.

It looks like dirt bikes, and small bikes are no problem? How if that possible if the shortage is real? I know the smal bikes are from Thaiwan, but your z, a d the kx bikes are Japanese.
There's honestly a lot of different variables going on. One thing I've personally seen is some dealerships that have stock and are doing business, while others say that they can't get anything. With bikes that are made out of the country, lead time is a big factor, so the bikes on the floor today are there because of decisions made months and months ago. And then, of course, there is the fact that many of these manufacturers are facing supply problems, which are in turn based on a whole chain of problems. You have vehicles sitting on lots outside of factories waiting on radios or some other part. You have companies making decisions about the most profitable way to allocate what parts they do have.

I'm sure Kawasaki is dealing with the same sort of thing, and sometimes you have seemingly strange results. Maybe the dirt bikes are less affected by inability to get components from an upstream supplier (for example computers). Maybe a particular machine, used to make frames for certain bikes at a particular factory, was out of commission for a while because it broke down and the part it needed was unavailable.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts