Kawasaki Ninja 1000 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will getting the ecu flashed by Ivan eliminate the brief hesitation I get sometimes when I blip the throttle to rev match before downshifting?

Also, does the flash smooth out the bike as far as upper rpm vibes are concerned? I don't necessarily have a problem with vibrations but I do feel them in the handgrips at times. Again, they're not real bad and tolerable but if the tune would decrease them it'd be an added bonus. I won't be adding any aftermarket parts if that matters.

·
Registered
11,268 Posts
I have the hvmp extra heavy bar ends. Below 6000, there really isnt any vibration to speak of. The flash does help with vibration, though. Some of the vibration we feel is related to what had to be done to be emissions compliant. That goes away when the bike is flashed. It helps. It doesnt turn the engine into a concours 14, but it is a positive change in that regard.

If you were buying the flash ONLY for vibration reduction, I'd probably tell you to calm down and relax. This is more like going out on the first ride, after the flash. You'll notice everything else it does and be thinking, "Oh yea, it does vibrate a but less....that's nice" .

This reduction isnt going to be available for any and all flashes. Ivan is the only one who's software has access to the sections that are involved in this. A normal flash kit doesnt have access.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank RC. Think I'm gonna go ahead and send it in when he gets back to work in Sept.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Ivan's flash eliminates any and all throttle hesitation as well......you will like it. It's generally much more responsive and makes more low/mid power for sure.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Ivan did my 2012 ECU this spring. Throttle response was my motivating factor. It made a world of a difference for a smooth roll on. I have one issue but I doubt it tune related. At steady throttle under 4k rpm I get random hiccup otherwise its great.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ivan did my 2012 ECU this spring. Throttle response was my motivating factor. It made a world of a difference for a smooth roll on. I have one issue but I doubt it tune related. At steady throttle under 4k rpm I get random hiccup otherwise its great.
Got back yesterday from Ivan's shop with my flashed ecu. As you said, throttle response is so much better and I don't miss the excessive engine braking.

I'd agree that the random issue you're experiencing most likely isn't flash related. Mine does nothing like you described. I'm happy with the results. Hope you get yours figured out.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts