Kawasaki Ninja 1000 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2019 N1K and haven’t done much to it. It’s still a baby. Bought as a left over about 6 months ago brand new and still under 1k miles. Was thinking to do an Ivan flash of the ecu and a full 4-2-1 akropovich exhaust system on the bike. Would there be any other tuning or mods needed to do? Really like what the Ivan flash provides and love the sound and drop in weight with akro.

·
Premium Member
12,455 Posts
That's really is it. You can remove all the emissions stuff, after the flash, or just leave it be. That's all up to you. Ivan's work is different than what the others offer. He really is able to shut things like an O2 sensor off but still leave the onboard diagnostic stuff functional. The others disable onboard diagnostics, or pretend to shut off the O2 sensor, but you have to unplug it for proper performance....serious. That happens.

If you start searching, you'll find different info, and probably see posts where we did have to do other things. That all changed with his 2017 update. I had to send my ecu back 3 or 4 times, over they years, for the free update. When you guys buy it now, its finished. Nothing left to update.

The only thing I might suggest is to order your exhaust from Ivan. He would be able to make sure you get one with the removable baffle of that's still available.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's really is it. You can remove all the emissions stuff, after the flash, or just leave it be. That's all up to you. Ivan's work is different than what the others offer. He really is able to shut things like an O2 sensor off but still leave the onboard diagnostic stuff functional. The others disable onboard diagnostics, or pretend to shut off the O2 sensor, but you have to unplug it for proper performance....serious. That happens.

If you start searching, you'll find different info, and probably see posts where we did have to do other things. That all changed with his 2017 update. I had to send my ecu back 3 or 4 times, over they years, for the free update. When you guys buy it now, its finished. Nothing left to update.

The only thing I might suggest is to order your exhaust from Ivan. He would be able to make sure you get one with the removable baffle of that's still available.
Thanks for all that info. I am not mechanically inclined. In fact I just tackled my first oil change ever on the bike, but first service was done by dealer. I’ve always rode stock scared to modify anything besides a fender eliminator or maybe a windscreen and always heard all this talk about dyno tuning, juice boxes, or power commanders and fuel mapping. Would hate to open Pandora’s box on myself and have to do a million more things and stay on top of it (not very wrenchy lol) just for upgrading an exhaust system.

·
Premium Member
12,455 Posts
I get it, and you make sense. I know for a fact that Ivan worked on this flash for at least 5 years. When it first started, we had to buy the flash for 350.00. We also needed a power commander (250.00) as well as an fce (75.00) to get rid of the nasty fuel cut. Now you just send the ecu in and skip all that other stuf.

This stuff took a full day to install. You also had to remove the secondairy butterflies. This was rough because these butterflies were supposed to be permanent. The screws were loctite as well as being peened into place.

The only way people screw up is by sending in the relay box and not the ecu. They sit right by each other . Send in the larger box that has two plugs. The relay box has 3 plugs.

Adding the full exhaust, like your doing , is a big deal. Most dont change the header. The akra header adds a significant amount of top end power. It even adds low end. The stock header is that restrictive.

This wont cause any problems. It just works.

·
Registered
397 Posts
I did the full Akra and Ivan flash on same year bike. Totally worth it. Bike is a monster at 8k+ and the bike is so much lighter and more nimble. You can call Ivan or check his site for questions, I didnt do any other mods like PC or modding the airbox. Revzilla was selling the full at 10% off, so I saved some money. I had a shop put it on though. If you have the money, or are getting new bike fever, I'd say go for it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts