Kawasaki Ninja 1000 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just obtained a 2014 Ninja 1k with the OEM side cases. For the life of me, I haven't been able to remove either case from the bike. I can unlock the side cases and open them. I can slide the latch mechanism that apparently frees the case while the bag is unlocked, but can't seem to get it off. Is there any trick to remove? Do the cases pull straight off? Lift up and off? ?? I'm assuming that the cases have been stuck on the bike for quite a while. Don't want to break the cases or the mounting hardware. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Once the lock is pulled up gently hit the bag forward to slide it foward towards the front of the bike. To put them back on you have to push them towards the rear of the bike when they're inserted into their slots.

Reactions: OCNinja

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Once the lock is pulled up gently hit the bag forward to slide it foward towards the front of the bike. To put them back on you have to push them towards the rear of the bike when they're inserted into their slots.
Got them off. I was trying to pull them straight off, lol. Appreciate the help!.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts