Kawasaki Ninja 1000 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My front tire is due for a change and all I have for the front is a fork stand. Is it possible to remove and install the front wheel with a fork stand?

The left fork seems slightly shorter than the right, so I think it'll be nearly impossible to get the wheel and axle back together correctly.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I bought the pitbull adjustable stand and that doesn't work properly. I returned it and bought a headstand that goes up into the triple. You need to take the bolt out for the brake line and move it to the side.

·
Registered
93 Posts
My front tire is due for a change and all I have for the front is a fork stand. Is it possible to remove and install the front wheel with a fork stand?

The left fork seems slightly shorter than the right, so I think it'll be nearly impossible to get the wheel and axle back together correctly.
I changed my front tire 2 weeks ago using the Pit Bull fork stand - no problem. I have the PB headstand too but its a bigger PIA and in most instances I've tried it it ends up pushing up on the nose fairing - me no likee. I only use the headstand when I'm pulling forks....

·
Registered
18 Posts
I use a Pitbull fork stand and it works. You just have to make sure to push the axle through as you tighten. I made a quick custom spacer out of a toilet paper roll and some duct tape to even the load. You also have to be careful bringing it down as the forks will twist and fall off the stand if no one is holding your bars straight while you lower it down. I loosen everything on the ground before I raise the bike.

·
Registered
156 Posts
I just changed out the front tire using my T-Rex Racing front stand. It worked great!

·
Registered
11,246 Posts
You know, lifting a motorcycle , for a tire change, has been going on for a few years.

This stuff we are having to do, to accomplish that, is not acceptable. If your saying, "Man, I hope I crap a lot on Saturday. I need the paper roll for those new set of Pirellis" The system failed.

My Pit Bull front stand is older. It uses a big, fat pin. It does work, but comes way too close to the fairing to make me comfortable.

Our bike is not that heavy, but a difference between 500 and 507, with centerstand, just might have been ok.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Money's always tight for me. They now make an adjustable fork stand to even out the load on asymmetrical forks but I haven't been able to justify it yet since my old one still works.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts