Kawasaki Ninja 1000 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, New here & wanted to introduce me & my bike.

I just purchased this bike last weekend, it's a 2012 Ninja 1000 with 1,000 miles on it.

Loving it so far, I have had several liter bikes ranging from an 08 CBR 1000RR to a couple of ZX10R's.

I am curious about the throttle because none of my other bikes had this issue & maybe it's just the way the bike is supposed to be. When I am going thru gears & RPM's & engaging the clutch to switch gears the bike slows down then with the next throttle pull it wants to throw me back in the seat. If I am in 6th gear on the freeway & if I let off the throttle the bike starts slowing down & if I slowly roll the throttle back it wants to throw me back in the seat.

The throttle is just not as smooth as any of my other bikes & is this just the nature of this bike? This is the only Ninja 1000 I have ever ridden.

Here is a picture from a 300 mile trip I took on it this last weekend, please excuse the bugs!

·
Registered
483 Posts
I think (not sure) what you are describing is the fuel cut that is fixed by Ivans FCE. Do a quick google... you may want to just send Ivan your credit card, he really improves the earlier models...

·
Premium Member
545 Posts
Welcome swing2hard! It does sound like you might want to talk to Ivan. Although I noticed the fuel cut at first but I'm used to it now.

·
Registered
162 Posts
So that's what that is, I just thought my last bike was way smoother

·
Premium Member
545 Posts
I'm thinkin kawi fixed this in the later models... 14 and 15... mine's a 2012. Just gotta be aware the bike will jump a little at throttle roll on. Especially in parking lots, LOL

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The nice part I noticed is that I don't have to down shift going into turns, hehe

I can go into a 35 mph turn in 5th gear & pound the throttle & it's like a rocket even
in 5th, I have to hang on.

It will take some getting used to, I am still having fun with this bike.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Yeah my 2013 does it too, but I love that throw me back in the seat feeling!
Lol
Plus I come from riding many Italian twins and BMW's so I am used to that jerky, bouncy, jumping feeling.
Makes me laugh!
Lol

1 - 8 of 8 Posts