Kawasaki Ninja 1000 Forum banner

21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
There may be hope for you, Harry, as long as you realize that dino oil and synthetic
have different flow rates in an engine, other than a 1/1000 of a second difference.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Jesus, I feel like I’m finger painting with morons at this point. The state of Illinois has a minimum liability limit of $25,000/$50,000/$20,000 . Do you know what that means?
Do you know what your state minimums are?
Do you know what liability limits you are being quoted?

Not a single person in this thread has said what coverage limits they are being quoted. Not a single person in this thread has said what deductibles they are being quoted.

what are your liability limits? What are your deductibles? What is your city and state? Okay now we are close, but we still have to figure in age, marital status, credit score, driving record, do you own a home, are you insuring everything with the same company?

·
Registered
461 Posts
Harry's got a point. This reminds me of the mpg comparisons where nobody bothered to post their location. Denver and Houston riders are gonna have very different numbers, even if they are driven exactly in the same manner. And people don't drive the same way.

That said, N1k insurance is tricky. 3 yrs ago, I wouldn't have bothered to buy one because the premiums were like for ZX10R and ZX14R. Evidently, Kawi complained to some of the major companies and got them to reduce the rates. I have policies with both Geico and Progressive and know their rates for the N1k has come down to reasonable levels. I don't doubt some companies still have not changed.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I would think the members posting in this thread know at least in general that insurance rates are calculated using various data points for different locations. New drivers/riders may not be that informed so the specifics would be of value to them. However, we are discussing rates in broad terms and it appears whoever, wherever, however, rates for the N1K at least seem higher by a margin than other similar bikes. I'll still be shopping next week.

·
Registered
5 Posts
$94 a month at Progressive, full coverage, Georgia state requirements (25K/50K/25K). I did go with a $1K deductible. Just outside of ATL which is expensive insurance wise. 2019 N1K.

·
Registered
10,519 Posts
Volfy, I know nationwide was one of those companies Kawasaki worked with. I just renewed mine. This is the 3rd renewal. It went up, every time, but is still reasoanble. They dont have great rates in all the states.

306.00, per yr. 500 dollar deductible. 100,000/300,000. That's with no rider class, but they did give me credit for that because of 49 years worth of experience. Nothing else is insured with them. Salt Lake City, Ut.

I
AMIG was less money. I used them for a few years. At one point, we had an insurance broker on the forum. He never tried to sell anything to us. I think he was more into the commercial side. He showed us a web site that had the customer service rating. AMIG had terrible scores, so I switched to Nationwide.

Nationwide became my favorite after I had a big fight with their rep. You know how the real, real paperwork they send out will list their underwriter? That's what happened here. The paperwork said something like "Garner...or Gardener". I noticed that I had been charged 7.99 for "rental car" something.

I called in and became rude and abusive. I believe I even called the guy a Pig Fu**er. ...right out of Southpark. Instead of being a puss, and hanging up, he stayed with me. I admired that. He told me, " That is dishonest to charge that fee...we dont do that, I would not do that. That's not what we are about?"

Then I got mad...."Look, it's right here! Line 7...its right there, you dumb bas***d"

He still cant see the charge. "Could you please e mail it to me" he says?

Sure..no problem. I e mail it to him, and there it is. He sees it and starts to apologize..."Sir, I'm sorry ...I will credit you the difference, with Interest..how many years?...I'm so....."

Then hes silent...he starts laughing. "Oh man", he says, "Will you scroll to the top of the page?"......what does yours say?

I said "It says "Garner"....he said, ""Yes, its says Garner, but our company is underwritten by "Gardner"........we are fighting about your old AMIG policy. I trusted him after he pushed back so hard. He really believed in what he was selling.

·
Registered
16 Posts
RC i give you credit for posting that. Reminded me of dealing with tech support or customer service thru the years. I would hang up the phone muttering and not be happy. So three minutes later i would call back and be connected to someone else, and 5 minutes later my problem/situation was solved! As an analogy, thers always a really good mechanic, doctor,whatever, and then the really bad mechanic, doctor, etc. Persistence pays off sometimes....btw , i have dairyland insurance and it is half on my z1000 than it would be for a ninja.

·
Registered
10,519 Posts
I felt like a fool, but it was a great experience thanks to that agent. These companies dont value their phone reps nearly as much as they should. Perfect example here. I said Nationwide was great and I have talked to one person who worked there..one. My favorite was a lady from Direct Tv. I dont know what it was, but her voice was amazing. She was from The Domianian Republic. By the time she was done with me I had purchased sunday ticket, hbo, showtime, the sports package....anything she said, I'll do it. I would have given her my house if she asked.

Geico was terrible to deal with when I had a hit and run in Poughkeepsie, Ny. Never again, at any price.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Okay, the last two posts may have been heavily influenced by good Kentucky bourbon. I stand by the statement, but a bit repetitive and aggressively stated. You'll see, this won't be the last time a post is influenced by the fire water.

·
Registered
461 Posts
RC, I've been with Progressive for most of the last decade and, I must say, Flo has been good to me and very easy to work with - both for claims and especially for general tasks like coverage changes and quotes. I quit the agent-based carriers like State Farm long time ago. I just prefer to do everything online.

I started a new Geico policy just this year, mostly for my home + auto policy, since AAA has gotten to be to ridiculous with their premium increases. I've also moved some of my bikes over to it for the multi-line discount, but I kept my Progressive policy just to make sure I maintain the benefits Flo gives to long term customer.

Insurance is such a competitive business, a lot of them seems to play games to try to charge as much as the customers are willing to let them get away with. So we kinda are forced to do the same to make sure we pay as little as we can.

·
Registered
2016 Ninja
76 Posts
I'm about to move from OR to CA in a few months and had to start insurance shopping again.

Some stats:
-2016 Ninja, paid cash in 2018
-24 years old, F, unmarried, bachelors degree, federal gov employer
-<$1000 value accident in 2015
-MSF course completed

Coverages I want:
-25/50k bodily liability
-50k property damage
-1k comp
-Could take or leave collision depending on price
-Declined all uninsured motorist coverage because really, I'm either dead or we'll likely never find the person who hit me

In Oregon, these coverages (including 1k collision, yay) run me $40/mo through progressive.

Progressive in CA wants $233/mo for the above and no collision. 266/mo for 1k collision.

GEICO wants $35/mo for no collision, $140/mo with 2k deductible collision.

All other insurers I looked at (Dairyland, esurance, State Farm, Nationwide) where close to Progressive prices.

When that <1k accident drops off in September, my rates will only drop $3-$5 per month depending on the company. Also planning on adding my car and mayyyyybe renters all under GEICO next renewal period, so hopefully will get a multi-policy bump there,

·
Registered
53 Posts
Progressive here as well, in downstate Illinois. Been w/Progressive since I started riding street 20ish years. One claim, not at fault, teenager turned left and totaled the FZ1. Paid me a decent fair market value on the bike, paid me full purchase price, based on receipts, for all accessories and then the claims adjuster told me as long as there is a full bike there for the salvage company to pick up that's all that mattered. So I pulled off all the easily accessible accessories and sold them on the forum board for another $1500. They charge me a fair price, I pay my bill in full on time, and they provide me with the expected claims service when the time comes, you can't really ask for more than that.

$250,000/$500,000/$100,000 liability limits
$5,000 med pay
$250/000/$500,000 under/unisured limits
$500comp
$500 collision
Roadside w/trip interruption
$3000 accessory coverage
$1,000 gear coverage

$486 a year 2020 NK1
$186 a year for FZ07
$47 a year KLX140L
$34 a year Honda 100 (liability only)

·
Registered
891 Posts
Jesus, I feel like I’m finger painting with morons at this point. The state of Illinois has a minimum liability limit of $25,000/$50,000/$20,000 . Do you know what that means?
Do you know what your state minimums are?
Do you know what liability limits you are being quoted?

Not a single person in this thread has said what coverage limits they are being quoted. Not a single person in this thread has said what deductibles they are being quoted.

what are your liability limits? What are your deductibles? What is your city and state? Okay now we are close, but we still have to figure in age, marital status, credit score, driving record, do you own a home, are you insuring everything with the same company?
OK I'll bite. 61 yr old Male, clean driving record, great credit, no liens on bikes, live in RI. 3 Bikes 2013 BMW K 1300S, 2015 N1k, 2019 Husky Fx 350, 250,000 500,000 and 100,000, 300,000 uninsured, comp 500 deductible, 3,000 accessories. Total coverage for all 3 bikes...drum roll..............................................$663.00

·
Registered
4 Posts
Progressive (497 for cars 6 months, 298 for bike 12 months)
2017 Acura MDX 100/300/100
2018 BMW 330 (Same as above)
Collision 500
Comprehensive 1000
2017 Ninja 1000 100/300/100
Collision 500
Comprehensive 1000
Medical Payments 1000 for all

This is for 60540 - 39yrs old

21 - 36 of 36 Posts