Kawasaki Ninja 1000 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone had luck with getting reasonable insurance for the 2020MY N1K? The leads that I found in the older posts aren't really coming up. Dairyland was a no go. Having trouble with State Farm as well.

·
Registered
217 Posts
I had bad luck too. Cheapest with collision/comprehensive around $120 a month, with Geico or Progressive. Forget that, so instead of a loan, which required coll/comp, I bought with cash, and just have liability at about $90 a year.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm getting $3K/year quotes right now. This sucks. The Versys just got a lot more attractive. I'm planning on paying cash as well. But getting the bare minimum on a new bike is scary regardless.

·
Registered
217 Posts
I'm getting $3K/year quotes right now. This sucks. The Versys just got a lot more attractive. I'm planning on paying cash as well. But getting the bare minimum on a new bike is scary regardless.
Ya, but at $120 a month for me, that's about $6000 over 5 years, which is a large chunk of what I paid for the bike. Also, if you total bike, you might be lucky to get 70% of what you paid for it, so, I will take my chances.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I got Geico, 3 bikes, 3 cars, discounts include MSF course, dual policy, multi-cycle, mature rider and something called 'Transfer or Renewal (all vehicles)'! $96.00 per month ($1150 per year) includes liability, comprehensive and collision with $500 deductible. That is more than double the $495 I pay for the 2012 ZX14R and 3 times the $328 I pay for the 2006 ZX14, all with the same coverage. I was going to start shopping next week. Now I know some I don't have to check. I was expecting it to come in at around $750 a year, I got shocked!

·
Registered
10,539 Posts
I got Geico, 3 bikes, 3 cars, discounts include MSF course, dual policy, multi-cycle, mature rider and something called 'Transfer or Renewal (all vehicles)'! $96.00 per month ($1150 per year) includes liability, comprehensive and collision with $500 deductible. That is more than double the $495 I pay for the 2012 ZX14R and 3 times the $328 I pay for the 2006 ZX14, all with the same coverage. I was going to start shopping next week. Now I know some I don't have to check. I was expecting it to come in at around $750 a year, I got shocked!

I shopped a bunch of places. Nationwide was priced ok as was amig. Outside of that, it was mostly crazy prices.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Liability, Comp, Collision for my 2011 Z1000 is $250 a year with Geico. For my Ninja
1000 its $120 a month (true, its a newer bike) . I told the lady they have the exact same engine and power. She said, yes, but your 2019 has the world "Ninja" in it, and that means fast and more dangerous to we insurance people!

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussing insurance rates on a forum board is like discussing what everyone had for lunch, there’s so many factors at play that you can’t really plan your next meal.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
When the general consensus is that there are some companies that are quoting $3000+, while others are quoting <$1K to the exact same person, there is something worth discussing.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Maybe, but Insurance companies base rates not only on your state, but also your territory within that state, plus your age, your marital status, your driving record, your credit score, your insurance score, multi-policy discounts, multi-vehicle discounts and other factors like time with company, continuous years of insurance, homeownership, msf course, years of riding experience, etc. etc. and each company weighs those factors differently that unless you get an individual quote you really have no idea.

·
Registered
54 Posts
But do you really, because in this entire thread I haven’t heard a single person say what their liability limits for bodily injury or property damage is or what their uninsured limits are or what their deductibles are or if the company provides coverage for accessories or riding gear. Again, show me we are comparing apples to apples and then maybe this thread has some validity, but until then y’all are comparing apples to chicken sandwiches.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I get it man, we are on a forum. It's easy to keep going back and forth thinking the person on the other side in an idiot. But here's a real world example for ya.... Me. Just now. Getting quotes all night...... Called 5 companies all quoting over $3K/12 months, some even up to $4K... Just called another, ceteris paribus, $1,350/12months.... that's what I was asking about.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I’m not calling anyone an idiot I’m suggesting people are not understanding the topic. When you are quoting a price no one is even bothering to show what liability limits or what deductibles they are quoting. That is a huge factor. Not to mention no one has mentioned what city or state they live in. Do you really think that someone in New York City is going to pay the same as someone as Gary Indiana?

·
Registered
217 Posts
Harry, a simple comparison of rates is gonna put people in the ballpark. We don't have
to consider every contributing factor before discussing what we pay. We all know how insurance
works, and the Ninja 1000 full coverage is expensive, where ever you live.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts