Kawasaki Ninja 1000 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody going to Indy next weekend? I will be there for Fri nite Dirt track and the rest of the MotoGP stuff.

·
Registered
154 Posts
We'll be up there..since it's only an hour and a half from the house.

·
Registered
971 Posts
Jealous and curious. And envious.
The forum will require an on site correspondent. Please give us the details and a post event report.

·
Registered
971 Posts
Jealous and curious. And envious.
The forum will require an on site correspondent. Please give us the details and a post event report.

Oh and must post pictures. No pictures and you will be excommunicated from forum.

·
Registered
444 Posts
I'm in also. Fortunate enough to have Parts Unlimited passes from dealership I work at. Looking forward to seeing how new configuration affects lap times.

·
Registered
154 Posts
I'm in also. Fortunate enough to have Parts Unlimited passes from dealership I work at. Looking forward to seeing how new configuration affects lap times.
That, and the repave, should do wonders for lap times!

·
Registered
971 Posts
Waiting for pics!
I won't give away race results but thanks for the power outage that ruined coverage for last 10 laps.
I guess marc does poorly at starts to prove he is mortal. Why does he waste the effort getting pole position.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Records are kept for pole positions - not for who got the holeshot (in MotoGP, that is). Plus, maybe he just wants to challenge himself.

Was glad to see Wayne and Miguel were both at Indy and looking good.

·
Registered
971 Posts
I'm calling out cowasockee, the old fart and Mikey 1000.
Surely someone can post a visual rememberance of the event.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Hahaha Here are some pics

Earl and myself. What a great guy!! Took time to take several pics with me.

Hardley racing was actually pretty fun.
MotoGP 2014 015 by cowasockee, on Flickr

Kids on Yamahas are always fun.
MotoGP 2014 022 by cowasockee, on Flickr

New Honda is just weird but the wifey actually liked it. Eww...
MotoGP 2014 051 by cowasockee, on Flickr

Lots a Ducatis!!
MotoGP 2014 054 by cowasockee, on Flickr

Cool old Honda
MotoGP 2014 057 by cowasockee, on Flickr

New? Old? New/old?
MotoGP 2014 065 by cowasockee, on Flickr

Pit exit is pretty interesting at Indy! There were some moments..
MotoGP 2014 070 by cowasockee, on Flickr

·
Registered
154 Posts
I gotta say I've been every year since the beginning and it makes me giggle every year. From the moment you first get to the track and you're parking and you can hear the bikes on track during practice to the end when you are tired and a bit sun burnt it's just such an exciting weekend.

Indy does a great job as well. They aren't heavy handed with the law and Motorcycles on Meridian is one HUGE bike night (to the tune of 10's of thousands of bikes). I like going down there less to party and more to just people watch. It's crazy.

Actually being at the track for the racing is almost incidental as you cannot see much of the track from one viewing location. In fact if you really want to enjoy the racing stay home and watch it. But the atmosphere is unbeatable. You don't get the smells and sights and dizzying circus like feeling on your tv. I won't miss any of it.

Prices are silly though. 5 dollar bottle of water. 28 dollar meal of shish kabob, crab ragoon and 2 waters. Shew... Though the trinkets aren't horribly expensive. We got a couple tshirts, a hat and a key chain from the MotoGP vendor for 75 bucks.

Sadly Kawasaki had absolutely no presence there outside of a small wall of catalogue tshirts in the Westfield Powersports vendor area.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Been a week since I left for Indy & I'm still smiling! All I can say is if you've never been there, you should try it. You can stay near airport for reasonably inexpensive rates & are only a few minutes from the track. Try the infield during practice/qualifying. After the sessions, riders line up to practice starts & it's beyond wild. Going to try to go to Texas next spring as that's the only MotoGP I've not been to in USA.

·
Premium Member
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
By far the best race of the MotoGP weekend was Moto3. 7 guys going for the win most of the race. The next best race was at the fairgrounds Fri nite. The Mile Dirt Track Race. Alot of handle bar banging in both Pro singles and GNC twins. I would love to see Marquez on a Harley Dirt Tracker.
Sorry no pictures. I am to old for that.
Good weekend. Got a little wet Monday on the way Home.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Just found this thread by accident. I have been to every MotoGP at Indy since 2008. I can actually say that I have watched a motorcycle race in the remnants of a hurricane. Mark that one off the bucket list. I only live 90 miles from Indy, so being able to see a MotoGP race live has become a regular yearly event for me and friends.

Here's a pic of my 2014 Ninja 1000 at Lake Haven Retreat RV Campground in Indianapolis. The owner Sarah has taken very good care of us since 2008 each year. Good times!! Can't wait for August!

Attachments

·
Registered
93 Posts
Great first hand reports.
Anyone care to match cowasockee's visual montage?
Here's a few pics with some eye candy for you.

Attachments

·
Registered
962 Posts
I can actually say that I have watched a motorcycle race in the remnants of a hurricane. Mark that one off the bucket list.
I was there for that one ! My first and only Indy race. The gas turbine track driers were pretty cool.

I think I may have enjoyed the dirt tracker's on Saturday night the most.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts