Kawasaki Ninja 1000 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought it online at some moto parts place . They said it would fit a 13. I sent it out for paint and top coat. Turns out the modle changed in 2013. I have two overflow hoses aswell as the front mounting screws fall short of hitting the holes at the tree.. im gastank short of finishing my project. If anyones in need of a 2011-12 tank i have one professionally painted.

Attachments

·
Registered
125 Posts
The frame, plastics, and trim are all the same... so I'm not sure why this isn't fitting for you. If you have two hoses but only one nipple on the tank, then you have a California bike with a non-Cali tank. How much do you want for the tank?

Edit: I see your ebay listing now... $600. Wish you had this up 2 months ago!

·
Registered
13,947 Posts
That will fit. Move the rear bracket and don't assume any of the brackets are in the proper spot, right now. This is assuming it's not fitting by the 1/4" , or so, of the front bracket that's shown in one of the pictures.​

Those mounting brackets are all rubber mounted and the rear tank mount bracket will move around on the frame. Loosen the rear mount, slide your tank forward, and bokt it into place.

If it really won't fit by the amount shown, your frame is bent. That tank didn't change, dimensionally, ever. If Kawasaki did that, the seats would be different. Also, like Black Sheep said, the plastic is the same between 11-13. The only part of the tank that changed is the fuel pump was upgraded...maybe in 2014.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Im not opposed to selling the bike unfinished. Clear title 9000 miles to clear a space for other projects. If i had the right offer.
That will fit. Move the rear bracket and don't assume any of the brackets are in the proper spot, right now. This is assuming it's not fitting by the 1/4" , or so, of the front bracket that's shown in one of the pictures.​

Those mounting brackets are all rubber mounted and the rear tank mount bracket will move around on the frame. Loosen the rear mount, slide your tank forward, and bokt it into place.

If it really won't fit by the amount shown, your frame is bent. That tank didn't change, dimensionally, ever. If Kawasaki did that, the seats would be different. Also, like Black Sheep said, the plastic is the same between 11-13. The only part of the tank that changed is the fuel pump was upgraded...maybe in 2014.
What about the only one nipple on tank? I hav two hoses

·
Registered
13,947 Posts
Loosen the rear mount, where rhe bracket bolts to the frame. I believe that will use an 8mm socket. Leave it loose. Now, set the front into position. Put the bolts in front,and tighten. Now you can tighten the rear mount. Watch the side to side alignment, and you'll be ok.

Use the single nipple as the overflow. The two that are missing are vacuum lines. I believe these instructions 100% apply. The problem here is you have a California emissions bike and the tank is a 49 state version. Really, it's a good problem to have. I wish my tank was rhe 49 state version. Mine has the three nipples....2 are capped.

I know rhe instructions are long, but they amount to you removing three hoses and throwing them away.

The only thing you have to do is to find the hose that goes from your tank to the throttlebodies. Either cap this, or remove it. If you remove it, you'll need two small vacuum caps...1/8"...(I think) that you can get from Auto Zone.

You won't need to buy any hose for your drain. There will be plenty left over from the larts you remove.

You will also throw away the large hose going to the airbox. I believe that needs a 1/2" plug.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I leave one hooked to the tank n the exrta to nothing. Its just overflow right?
Loosen the rear mount, where rhe bracket bolts to the frame. I believe that will use an 8mm socket. Leave it loose. Now, set the front into position. Put the bolts in front,and tighten. Now you can tighten the rear mount. Watch the side to side alignment, and you'll be ok.

Use the single nipple as the overflow. The two that are missing are vacuum lines. I believe these instructions 100% apply. The problem here is you have a California emissions bike and the tank is a 49 state version. Really, it's a good problem to have. I wish my tank was rhe 49 state version. Mine has the three nipples....2 are capped.

I know rhe instructions are long, but they amount to you removing three hoses and throwing them away.

The only thing you have to do is to find the hose that goes from your tank to the throttlebodies. Either cap this, or remove it. If you remove it, you'll need two small vacuum caps...1/8"...(I think) that you can get from Auto Zone.

You won't need to buy any hose for your drain. There will be plenty left over from the larts you remove.

You will also throw away the large hose going to the airbox. I believe that needs a 1/2" plug.
My tanks mouted overflow hooked with a extra hoes ziptied plastic on all factory bolts. She runs. A group of like minded guys get this done. Im thankful...

·
Registered
13,947 Posts
Yes, it's your overflow. Route it somewhere so it could overflow and not hurt anything. It probably never will be used, but who knows?

I would have believed your tank was wrong except I did the same thing to myself. I removed my tank. When I went to put it back, it was an inch too short. That's not possible....we hope.

Just be sure and cap that extra hose, or remove it and cap the two hoses at the throttle body. If you don't, you'll have an open vacuum that bypasses the air filter.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts