Kawasaki Ninja 1000 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2015 Kawasaki Ninja 1000
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello from Indianapolis, just got a 2015 N1K with 3500mi on it last month, haven't done much to it yet.

Just installed a new puig screen, put some different mirrors on, and got a custom seat made from top sellerie which I think turned out pretty good. Now have a heated gel for cold weather.

The mirror glass on these new mirrors are convexed, and I don't really care for the field of view, but they were direct bolt ONS and didn't require any modifications or spacers/risers.

I've got some riser blocks coming, but this was just temporary till I get them.

I had a FuzeBlock to install, but sending it back for a different one that's more weatherproof.

I'm considering building out a raspberry pi that's got a GPS and LTE module for tracking/mapping, and making it into a DVR camera system with live streaming capabilities, but haven't put much thought into it. I have some lidar modules I may turn into a project for it, but that's later.

Automotive lighting Automotive tire Hood Luggage and bags Motor vehicle
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Automotive fuel system Vehicle
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Automotive fuel system Vehicle

Fuel tank Motor vehicle Plant Automotive lighting Automotive tire

Automotive design Bag Vehicle Motor vehicle Hood

Tire Wheel Plant Vehicle Automotive tire

Leg Automotive tire Light Automotive design Motor vehicle

·
Registered
732 Posts
Welcome to the forum @indytux and congratulation on your new to you N1K. In the second photo from the top is that gizmo on the throttle some kind of brake lock anti-theft device?

·
Registered
2015 Kawasaki Ninja 1000
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah just a throttle lock. It's not a serious anti-theft, more like an anti-meth device 🤣

Wouldn't stop a serious jacker, but good enough to ward off a meth head or delay them long enough for me to get on center mass with my Glock 😆

Cheapo from Amazon, manufactured as an Alibaba special ....... It's this if you're interested:

Green, Throttle Lock

·
Registered
2015 Kawasaki Ninja 1000
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm originally born and raised in Tampa, FL and use to ride back when the 600cc was a real sport bike.
I had a gsxr, and a zx6r back in the day, and decided to get a bike again after being off 2 wheels for about 8yrs.

I just turned 44 on the 19th of July, so my hooliganism days are mostly behind me now.
Thats not to say I won't rip a 60mph wheelie once in a while, but that's a different conversation lol.

I sat on my cash for about 8 months just waiting for the right deal to come along, and looked at getting another 6R or 10R but the secondary market is stupid expensive for the "real" super sports I use to ride back in the 2000's, and of all places to find bikes, I came across this on Facebook marketplace one day just about an hour north of Indy.

Guy said he bought it for his 16yr old as a first bike, and promptly realized this is not a noob bike, and I managed to steal it for $8K cash.

I searched, and there wasn't another N1K for 1000mi that was this year, with this low of miles for this price. Everything was 10K miles or more, and between a 2011-2014 selling for the same price, so I got lucky and jumped on it.

Overall, very pleased with it. I'm running around in lvl3 TCS at 70% for a little while cause Indiana roads suck *** and are a dumpster fire, plus I wanna get it serviced before I start giving it the business.

It's basically a brand new bike. I got a set of led smoked front signals for it I just haven't installed yet, and need to drop in my led relay sitting in the box.

I don't know why I didn't do it yesterday when I had the windscreen off and changed the mirrors cause it's right under that and plug n play, I just spaced it.

I originally wanted a blue/black scheme just like my other bikes cause I like that color, and don't really care for Kawi green, but this has subtle green highlights and overall it's growing on me.

Here are a couple previous bikes I owned.
FYI if you're in Tampa and take your bike to the pier for photos and the PD rolls up, they're not going to be amused and have no sense of humor when you point out the sign don't say **** about motorcycles 😒🤣👇

Tire Wheel Motor vehicle Automotive tire Vehicle

Tire Wheel Vehicle Fuel tank Plant

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive lighting

Tire Fuel tank Wheel Plant Automotive lighting

Tire Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle Plant

·
Registered
732 Posts
Pretty Gixxer, I'm also not a fan of the Kawasaki green. Some of the local PD's just don't seem to have a humor sometimes!! Good to hear you have your Glock at the ready in case needed.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts