Kawasaki Ninja 1000 Forum banner
21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
I still need to write a poem honoring my Baxley chock. Havi g problems rhyming something with "earthquake" and I cant find my Bruce Springsteen 8 track to get help with this.
Thanks to RC, I now own a Baxley. Holds my ZX like a Rock. Best accessory I ever bought for bikes.

·
Premium Member
13,022 Posts
I'm glad you got one. You can help me with this poem. Baxley chock is like owning a Snap-On Tools ratchet. It hurts, a little, when you buy it knowing you could have spent half of what you did.

Three months after purchase, you dont remember how much you paid, but you still have this amazing tool.

I would love to use them as a basis for a motorcycle trailer. Line up 2 or 3 of them. I believe you coukd haul 3 gold wings, if you wanted to. The chock would be strong enough.

·
Registered
2016 Ninja
159 Posts
I just squat down on the right side of the bike and tilt it to vertical. Getting the bike on the rear stand is a two person job with the way my parking spot slopes. If the bike starts to feel unstable, just push it away from you and it'll fall on the kickstand.

Or you can use an extendable mirror while sitting on the bike. They're probably $4 at Harbor Freight.

·
Registered
615 Posts
Thinking about getting the Pittsburgh wheel chock. Am I out of luck in regards to a wheel chock if I can't drill into the floor? I'm a renter so I can't drill.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Thinking about getting the Pittsburgh wheel chock. Am I out of luck in regards to a wheel chock if I can't drill into the floor? I'm a renter so I can't drill.
You could put it up against a sturdy structure and have ratchet straps holding it so it won't move when you try to get your bike off the front wheel chock.

·
Registered
'20 Kawasaki 1000SX, '18 KTM Super Duke R, '16 Yamaha FJR1300ES
143 Posts
I have one of the Baxley Sport Chocks and it doesn't move when I roll the bike in or bump it out--it's pretty substantial and sits on rubber feet.

·
Premium Member
13,022 Posts
I agree. Just get the baxley. You dont have to mount it to anything.

Mine held up through a 5.7 earthquake. I was right in the epicenter. Bike was bouncing, and never came close to breaking loose.

Mine was 245.00, all in, on Amazon. They had a 125.00 coupon if I applied for some card, so I did that. Canceled the card after the chock arrived.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts