Kawasaki Ninja 1000 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking powder-coating the wheels gold might look good. Anyone switching up the color of there wheels? My 2011 Ninja is all black with no decals except the tank. Thoughts?

Attachments

·
Registered
78 Posts
I guess gold is a complementary color with black... colors of Army football and such. Many match black with blue or red but those wheels may be too strong.

If I had a black bike I would like chrome but its so hard to keep clean on these bikes.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah, new wheel bearings are a must when powder coating. Been through it numerous times.

Just a thought. In reality I'll probably spend money on better things such as upgraded suspenders for my heavy *** and track days.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Why not try plastidip with gold Metalizer?!

·
Registered
74 Posts
I'm thinking powder-coating the wheels gold might look good. Anyone switching up the color of there wheels? My 2011 Ninja is all black with no decals except the tank. Thoughts?
I think gold will look good. A guy at work has a black 10R with gold wheels, rear sets, and calipers. The effect is striking.
I have the '14 candy blue, but I don't like the black wheels either. I was thinking of having the wheels powder coated silver, but I may just strip and polish the rims. That looks pretty good too.

·
Registered
367 Posts
If you want gold accents, I'd just start with having gold wheel stripes.
It will be more subtle and suits better with other minimal gold accessories on the bike.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts