Kawasaki Ninja 1000 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently posted that I had purchased a Pro Tuner fuel controller from Dale Walker at Holeshot.com for my '14 N1K and it did not work. After talking with Dale he got me in touch with Matt at Dobeck Performance who makes the controller. Had me send it to them to be "re-pinned", got it back, and after installation it fired right up. After putting about 100 miles on it I have to say it is a definite improvement. Have Akrapovic headers with stock mufflers and a K&N filter on the bike. The engine seems to run smoother if that makes sense. Good low end response with more power over 6k rpm and it feels like a better bike. After the initial disappointment Dale took care of me and I would highly recommend dealing with Holeshot.

·
Registered
154 Posts
This is nice to know. As I get older I start to value good customer service over a cheap price.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Interesting combination - aftermarket headers and stock mufflers. I take it if the mufflers are stock then the cat is still in place? If so surely it negates the benefit of fitting freer flowing headers?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No, the catalytic converter is gone. By mufflers I mean the OEM slip-ons which I stayed with so no heat problems with the the hard bags. Powder-coated the mufflers black which I think makes them look a lot better. Saved 9.5 lbs.

·
Registered
483 Posts
Sportsfan this is exactly a question I had about exhaust systems.

I don't want to hijack your thread but can you tell me a little about your experience with the header ?

Like ease of install -(I do lots of car stuff) ?

Parts required (gaskets/hangers/hardware)?

Sound level - (nasty/raspy/window rattling) ?

Tune required (rough uneven ride) ?

I have spoke to akropovic and they tell me to buy slipons only in order to accommodate the bags. This sounds contrary to what I think will work. I really want that ugly abomination of an OEM cat gone.. but I don't want negatively impact the bike.

TIA

1 - 6 of 6 Posts