Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

·
Registered
756 Posts
I don't have a mounted camera but I couldn't agree more: a video is worth way more than a thousand words. If you've ever been on a jury and listened to the defense attorney (it's their job) and perpetrator spin a tale of innocence vs other eye witness accounts and hard evidence you'd see why. In my case, if there had been video, it would have been an hour trial instead of 6 days.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
@kenors: I agree with you completely. Say I'm a juror and someone is called to the witness stand to give testimony. Now let's say that after I've heard his/her statement, I'm presented with video/audio that completely contradicts everything the witness said, I don't care who the witness was or what their occupation is. I'm going to believe the video. Video doesn't lie.

·
Registered
5,670 Posts
Down here you can be ticketed because they say a go pro strapped to your helmet is a distraction, been a few catch it on the dragon because of the cameras

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
A distraction?? I don't see how in the world that would hold up in court. If it's a "distraction" then so is a dash cam on a car (which is perfectly legal and can be bought everywhere). Sounds like a case of revenue generation for an economically depressed area knowing most riders at the Dragon are from out of state and aren't going to come back to fight it.

Anybody ever notice how many 18 wheelers have dash cams? I know a guy that used to drive trucks and he told me it's because truck drivers get blamed for everything and so they have dash cams protect them. I couldn't agree more.

·
Registered
141 Posts
A distraction?? I don't see how in the world that would hold up in court. If it's a "distraction" then so is a dash cam on a car (which is perfectly legal and can be bought everywhere). Sounds like a case of revenue generation for an economically depressed area knowing most riders at the Dragon are from out of state and aren't going to come back to fight it.

Anybody ever notice how many 18 wheelers have dash cams? I know a guy that used to drive trucks and he told me it's because truck drivers get blamed for everything and so they have dash cams protect them. I couldn't agree more.
Its really hard to believe a guy would do such a thing. He must have been drunk. Total Idiot. Total Fing Idiot.

·
Registered
30 Posts
In my case, if there had been video, it would have been an hour trial instead of 6 days.
I remember you saying you bought a new bike on account of an accident, but I don't remember you telling the story of the accident (and trial apparently). I'm super curious to hear something of the story if you feel like sharing a bit. Or drop a link if you already told this tale and I missed it.

·
Registered
756 Posts
I was on the jury at another trial. My accident never went to court.

Reactions: RobF
1 - 10 of 10 Posts