Kawasaki Ninja 1000 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What up people?
I have a 2013 ninja 1000 and I replaced the OEM tires after 3700 miles. I installed a set of Michelin Pilot Road 3s on and went from 190/50 to 190/55. Bike feels great at slow speeds but any the above 115 it starts to tank slap, wobble, etc whatever you want to call it. It becomes unstable I can't get past 130 safely. It did not do that on the stock tires. Just a little more background the suspension is still at the stock setting.
Has anyone had this issue or know anyone who had, please let advise.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I've never encountered that with my 14. Are your tires balanced properly? I've had mine over 140 on the stock 190/50, but I think I've only been up to 125 on the 190/55. But I never encountered that issue.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah the tires have been rebalanced twice. The front tire has been replaced also. I'm wondering if it's because I changed the profile of the rear tire.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nope, no hard or soft bags. The only changes I made to it was a installing a new set of pp3 replacing the stock OEM BT016 tires. I changed the profile of the rear tire from 190/50 to 190/55. On the OEM tires it sprinted to its top speed with no issues. Now it can't get pass 130 without becoming unstable and going into a high speed wobble. At normal highway speeds it's solid I.e. 90 mph but above that it becomes uncharacteristic.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Did you make sure the left and right adjusters were on the same mark before and after tightening the rear axle? I haven't double checked the alignment to make sure the marks are accurate, but it's close enough that I haven't had problems.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts