Kawasaki Ninja 1000 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed a BKmoto supposed plug and play HID Projector Kit with angel eyes 3 years ago and while I found it not that straight forward of an install I was able to get it working properly and other then a couple of issues with bulbs and moisture build up it has worked up until this season, it is set up to have a separate on/off switch for the HID's and the angels are on when the engine is running regardless, the OEM hi/low activates the high beams as does the flash to pass feature,,.

• At some point this season I had observed that the HID's would only come on when both the on/off switch was on and high beams activated,,.
  • More recently both HIDs have stopped working no matter the switch on/off configuration,,.
-Holos work,,, HIDs do not,

So far all I have been able to do as far as trouble shoot is check the various connectors and by pass the HID on /off switch to rule out a defective switch as the issue,,. The various connections on the surface seem to be well done and intact as are the kits electrical plug connectors,,. The system comes with a single *Relay Harness that attaches direct to the battery and feeds power to the ballasts and inverters,,. I'm thinking this perhaps is likely to be the source of the problem rather then ballasts or bulbs as both lights stopped working at the same time,,.

I'm really not sure how to proceed or even where to get parts,,. The original supplier does not respond to email and may or may not even be in business at this point,,. Any advise would be appreciated,,!!

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
2016 or older bikes with stock headlights
Can anyone please advise me which light is on when when your set to the low beam with the engine running, clutch side or throttle side?

·
Registered
847 Posts
Lag - found a picture. The brake side is the low beam.

Reactions: Lag 4

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
OK thanks, Ken, thats interesting,,.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts