Kawasaki Ninja 1000 Forum banner

HID lights 2014 Ninja ABS

9K views 20 replies 6 participants last post by  Flyinglow 
Nope. It has the rubber accordion shroud.
I don't mean on the wire side, but on the xenon side, inside the headlight housing. On the 2011's (and presumbly the 2012 and 2013's) there is a chrome-painted plastic that is in front of and slightly around the the tip of the bulb. I'm curious if the 2014's have that.

The issue I ran into on my 2011 is that the H7 HID's were longer than the standard bulbs and those shrouds prevented the bulbs from inserting all the way. So I got some H7C's which are the same length as standard halogen bulbs but the return wire rests on the plastic shroud. I decided not to use them for fear of melting and potentially burning the shrouds.

You probably had some "high beam specific" hid bulbs which run a bit longer. The regular H7 bulbs I had fit just fine without touching the shroud and nothing melted anywhere.
They were not "high beam specific". Both sets of H7 HIDs had the light source at the same offset from the base as the halogen H7.

The regular H7 HID difference was in the length beyond the light source; the H7C's were the same length as the halogens but the return wire stuck out further than the diameter of the halogens.

It is more likely the case that the 2014 has a different reflector design than the 2011-2013.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.