Kawasaki Ninja 1000 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am considering purchasing a Ninja 1000. I am 6'4" tall will I be comfortable on this bike. I have 3 ZX10R's and am looking for something with a more relaxed seat to peg height. Will my legs be more comfortable and less cramped up on a Ninja 1000

·
Registered
64 Posts
I am considering purchasing a Ninja 1000. I am 6'4" tall will I be comfortable on this bike. I have 3 ZX10R's and am looking for something with a more relaxed seat to peg height. Will my legs be more comfortable and less cramped up on a Ninja 1000
Given that you are about four feet taller than I am, I probably won't be of much help, lol. JK, but I am 5'7, and I rode about 100 miles yesterday. I wouldn't say that I was cramped, but I thought I fit the bike well which means that you probably would be a bit cramped. However, I think lots of folks lower the pegs or at least I have seen a few on Youtube that did it.

·
Registered
465 Posts
Wow! 6'4 on a supersport must be really uncomfortable, but you'll be able to drag your elbow easier. Lol.

If you comfortable on a Zx10, then you be more comfortable on an n1k for sure! You are gonna need a seat that sits you in the middle rather than front of the seat if you don't wanna be gripping the tank all the time so you don't slide up the tank.

You must take it out on a test ride.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Given that you are about four feet taller than I am, I probably won't be of much help, lol. JK, but I am 5'7, and I rode about 100 miles yesterday. I wouldn't say that I was cramped, but I thought I fit the bike well which means that you probably would be a bit cramped. However, I think lots of folks lower the pegs or at least I have seen a few on Youtube that did it.
Awesome thanks so much for the info. :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Wow! 6'4 on a supersport must be really uncomfortable, but you'll be able to drag your elbow easier. Lol.

If you comfortable on a Zx10, then you be more comfortable on an n1k for sure! You are gonna need a seat that sits you in the middle rather than front of the seat if you don't wanna be gripping the tank all the time so you don't slide up the tank.

You must take it out on a test ride.

Thanks I am going to try and look at one on Sat. Sportbikes are getting really uncomfortable for me to ride as you can imagine. I'm 63 getting tough to fold up on one these days.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ninja 1000

Went over and sat on a Ninja 1000 the seat to peg height isn't much better than my ZX10's. I was hoping it would offer more leg room but it really doesn't for a tall rider like me. :(

·
Registered
25 Posts
I'm 6'2" and find the bike to be quite comfortable all day long. I did add the peg lowering blocks and Murph's bar risers. Cheap upgrades for comfort. I came from the sportbike world too, including a zx10, r1, cbr, etc.

·
Registered
828 Posts
I've spent 20+ hours on the weekends commuting with mine. Typically about 700 miles each way. I still have the stock bars. I did go with 636 footpegs which lower the pegs without "lowering" the pegs with respect to ground clearance. Basically they just do away with the rubber covering which did nothing to quell vibration.

I also had my stock seat redone and made it slightly taller at the nose (takes out the dip toward the tank). My chestnuts are no longer pressed against the tank and I ended up with more legroom. I am 6'2". It has turned into a pretty comfortable bike considering the hours I put on it. I typically have no issues the first 3 tanks I run though on my commute. By the 4th one though I am definitely stretching my legs.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts