Kawasaki Ninja 1000 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi guys. I just picked up my 2015 Ninja 1000 a couple of days ago. Ive put 20 miles on it and it is killing me I havent been able to have some more extended time on it due to being super busy. Cant wait to go for a nice long ride in Arizona. Now I need to plan something out. :) I was originally going to purchase a 2013 with zero miles from the dealer with a good deal on the price. They prepped the bike and ended up crashing the bike on the test ride. The sales man gave me the bad news and I was blown away. Luckily the mechanic on suffered an injury to the wrist. I saw the bike out back and it was toast. I guess stuff happens. I did end up with a bike with more features at the end of the day. My only complaint is the clutch engagement in first gear from a stop feels bumpy. Has anyone experienced this? Dealer says its the slipper clutch. But I dont believe the 2015 has a slipper clutch.

·
Premium Member
545 Posts
Greetings BRANDAM and welcome! You will be happier with a 2015 than a 2013 anyway... there were many improvements to the n1k in 2014. You are correct that the 2015 does not have a slipper clutch. I won't comment on the bumpy engagement though as there are others way more qualified than I to do so.

Looking forward to your posts!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the info guys. Ill give it some more ride time. If that doesnt resolve the problem then I will take it in to have the clutch inspected.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts